Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Production Operator to join our team at our Tipton, IN triple-crop production facility. The Tipton site has semi-autonomous work teams implemented, so this is the perfect site for top performing maintenance candidates who are looking to grow or launch their career. If you want to work with knowledgeable colleagues who take pride in their work and excel at everything they do, then this is the perfect opportunity for you!
Corteva Agriscience offers an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more! We welcome candidates who want to grow their career with us! We are looking for candidates who take initiative, love to learn, work hard, and have stable work history. Please ensure you attach an updated copy of your resume with your application for full consideration.
The Tipton production location runs various production schedules during peak season, September through March each year. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- 24/7 operations, running 12 hour shifts (3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off) rotating days and nights.
- 24/5 or 24/6 operations, running three 8 hour shifts (5-6 days per week, with 1-2 days off) rotating shifts.
During off-peak months, April through August, the site staggers down to an 8 hour day shift schedule with occasional overtime when needed. This provides a much better work-life balance than other manufacturing roles and opportunities!
What You Will Do:
- Harvest activities such as preparation, sorting, drying, etc.
- Conditioning activities such as sizing, gravity operation, bagging, palletizing, etc.
- Return and rework activities.
- Quality Analysis & Control activities.
- Field management activities such as scouting, field maintenance.
- Warehousing activities including forklift operation, collecting samples, pooling, etc.
- Gathering data for continuous improvement projects.
- Various other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Who You Are:
- You love variety of tasks as well as enjoy working hard and staying busy!
- You want to work somewhere doing something where you can make a difference in the world!
- Growing your skills and your career is extremely important to you and youre looking for a company like Corteva where you have the opportunity to do just that!
- You have your High School Diploma or GED.
- You enjoy working hard and have two or more years of on-the-job working experience.
- When you see a problem, you look for a way to fix it, youre solutions focused.
- You have a valid drivers license, so you will be able to drive company vehicles on-assignment when needed, like field inspections or bin sampling.
- You value the safety of yourself and your co-workers and will eagerly participate in safe work practices, on-the-job safety, and work safety programs.
- Chilly warehouse? Dusty field inspections? No problem! You love to get out there and be in the heart of operations with your team and work hard!
- You always are willing to help out and physical work isnt a problem for youPassing by a team member struggling to lift something? Safety is your top priority and you are willing and able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations to help your colleague and/or perform necessary job tasks!
- You understand that the companys viability and performance is directly tied to your job security, so you are willing and able to work shift work and overtime including nights and weekends to meet business needs during peak season.
- You always put your best foot forward and have great attention to detail, so you have submitted your updated resume with your application to this opportunity.
It Would Be Great If You:
- Have two or more years of on-the-job manufacturing, operations, production, agriculture, or related experience.
- Are Associates or Bachelor Degreed.
- Have working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as 5S, Continuous Improvement and Standardized Work.
- You have some form of leadership experience.
- You have general agriculture knowledge and/or experience.
- You have experience with field equipment, agriculture equipment and Fork Trucks.