Corteva Agriscience is looking for a Production Operator to join the fun, high energy, and successful team in Renwick, Iowa. We offer all the benefits that a Fortune 500 company has to offer while also providing a small town atmosphere, and a community feel. This includes a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more! The inclusive, motivated team in Renwick offers a safe and innovative work environment that allows for personal and professional growth. Dont miss out on this excellent employment opportunity. Apply online today.
In this role, you will perform a variety of tasks associated with general plant operations, field activities, and warehouse operations that will evolve with each season throughout the year. You will be responsible for setting up and monitoring highly automated equipment for various processes such as receiving, conditioning, treating, and packing.
During peak season (September-April) the Renwick production plant runs a 24/6 or 24/7 schedule based on demand. Shift hours can be 8 to 12 hours depending on which schedule is utilized. This site staggers down to one day shift during the summer months.
What You Will Do:
- Harvest activities such as preparation, receiving, etc.
- Plant Operations activities such as conditioning, gravity operation, treating, packaging, palletizing, etc.
- Return and rework activities.
- Quality Analysis & Control activities.
- Field management activities such as scouting, field maintenance.
- Warehousing activities including forklift operation, collecting samples, pooling, etc.
- Gathering data for continuous improvement projects.
- Various other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Who You Are:
- You love variety of tasks as well as enjoy working hard and staying busy!
- You want to work somewhere doing something where you can make a difference in the world!
- Growing your skills and your career is extremely important to you and youre looking for a company like Corteva where you have the opportunity to do just that!
- You have your High School Diploma or GED.
- You enjoy working hard and have two or more years of on-the-job working experience.
- When you see a problem, you look for a way to fix it, youre solutions focused.
- You have a valid drivers license, so you will be able to drive company vehicles on-assignment when needed, like field inspections or bin sampling.
- You value the safety of yourself and your co-workers and will eagerly participate in safe work practices, on-the-job safety, and work safety programs.
- Chilly warehouse? Dusty field inspections? No problem! You love to get out there and be in the heart of operations with your team and work hard!
- You always are willing to help out and physical work isnt a problem for youPassing by a team member struggling to lift something? Safety is your top priority and you are willing and able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations to help your colleague and/or perform necessary job tasks!
- You understand that the companys viability and performance is directly tied to your job security, so you are willing and able to work shift work and overtime including nights and weekends to meet business needs during peak season.
- You always put your best foot forward and have great attention to detail, so you have submitted your updated resume with your application to this opportunity.
We Would be EXTRA Glad to See If You:
- Have two or more years of on-the-job manufacturing, operations, production, agriculture, or related experience.
- Are Associates or Bachelor Degreed.
- Have working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles such as 5S, Continuous Improvement and Standardized Work.
- You have some form of leadership experience.
- You have general agriculture knowledge and/or experience.
- You have experience with field equipment, agriculture equipment and Fork Trucks.