The purpose of the Biology Characterization Lab Plant Pathologist is to provide high-level fungicide laboratory and greenhouse scientific support, within the Plant Pathology discipline, to the field science organization of Corteva Agriscience. This role will support efforts in characterizing fungicide molecules, formulated products, and related technologies. This position will coordinate lab/greenhouse research activities for fungicide concepts in development by working with Global Biology Leaders and colleagues across R&D. Specifically, this position will conduct fungicide greenhouse trials both directly and through technical support personnel to provide robust data packages and technical expertise to R&D and commercial project teams.
- Working in a team environment with other Scientists, Technicians, and contract researchers
- Developing protocols and methodologies in consultation with Fungicide Development Biology Leaders
- Collaborating with scientists across R&D subfunctions to execute other analytical testing in support of product attribute characterization
- Preparing for, setting up, and implementing greenhouse trials, including chemical applications
- Assessing trials, recording data, data analysis, and report delivery
- Maintain lab and greenhouse capabilities, supplies, and equipment, including maintaining fungal plant pathogen cultures
- Ensure all work is done safely and within regulatory and policy guidelines
- Develop innovative ideas and capture new IP
- Consulting with networks to develop an anticipated annual workplan
- Qualified candidates should have completed a PhD in Plant Pathology or a closely related major.
- Experience in agricultural Plant Pathology research is required, with specific experience in fungicide research.
- Good data analysis and interpretation skills and strong communication skills required.
- Strong project management skills required.
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of individuals across a broad network of stakeholders is required.
- Experience working with and testing agricultural chemicals is desired.
- Experience within a laboratory and greenhouse setting is preferred.