At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
$500 SIGN ON BONUS!
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Train on all Formulation Assets as per the training plan.
- Perform minor maintenance including assembly and dis-assembly of Formulation Assets.
- Complete safety checks.
- Perform routine quality analysis as needed.
- Provide process support for the Formulation Assets.
- Perform process troubleshooting, interpretation of lab analysis results, and process adjustments based on these key inputs.
- Utilize electronic tools (e.g. Excel, Outlook, databases).
- Participate in plant initiatives (e.g. involvement in teams, operating discipline improvements, work process implementation, work process tools).
- Demonstrate advanced troubleshooting skills and lead or participate in Root Cause Assessments.
- Communicate role related information between shifts and day staff.
- Promote an environment of teamwork while leading through example.
- Provide first-line conflict resolution.
- Assure compliance to all rules and regulations for the Site.
- Assure compliance with all EHS&S requirements related to assigned roles.
- Ensure personal learning needs are achieved utilizing the available learning resources.
- Participate in reviews and implementation of plant projects; (e.g. Operations Reviews, Line Labeling, commissioning efforts to ensure a successful startup).
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Previous operating experience in a chemical process and/or advanced technical training in the area of chemical processing and fork truck driving will be a benefit.
Physical requirements of the job:
This job requires periodic, significant, physical capabilities. Typical work includes periodic drum and supersack handling, and assembly/dis-assembly of process equipment. Person must be capable of heavy physical work and able to use proper lifting techniques and be willing to ask for help to get the work completed safely.
- Stair climbing up to 10 flights over an 8-hour shift
- Climbing a 12-foot ladder or a fixed rung ladder >10 foot height on a daily frequent basis
- Work with arms below, at, and above shoulder level is done on an intermittent basis
- Pushing up/Pulling up to 70 lbs. of force with arms from <1/3 to >2/3 of a shift
- Must be able to kneel to ensure proper body mechanics for lifting from floor to waist
- Twisting motion of the head, neck and waist required for fork truck driving
- Common lift height would be up to 48” <2 hours per day could be common and frequently up to 60”-75”
- Carrying of weights of 16 lbs.-30 lbs. 10 feet or >10 feet can be performed from <1/3 to >2/3 of a shift
- Must be able to drive a fork truck, pallet jack, scissor lift, and operate a motor vehicle
- Must be able to wear a respirator up to 2 hours at a time
- Ability to wear chemical protective covering (for extended periods) during plant activities which require PPE
- Candidates must be medically approved for fork truck, elevated work platforms, respirator use and fit testing
- Must be able to work a non-rotating shift schedule, including weekends, overtime and holidays when needed
- Must also be willing to ask for assistance to complete the work safely.
- Contribute to the achievement of the Site EHS&S goals, increasing and/or sustaining our performance
- Development and review of departmental procedures
- Contribution to ideas and improvements to increase operational reliability and productivity of the facility
- Participation and contribution to plant implementation efforts for site and business initiatives
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.
Start by applying to this opportunity today!