Corteva Agriscience ishiring for several temporary Production Technicians for our Chatham-Kentlocation. As a Production Technician at this site, you will performtasks associated with general plant operations from receiving seed to shippingseed out the door for all crops handled at the Chatham and Ridgetown productionfacilities.
Responsibilities:What You Will Do?
- Harvestactivities involved from green corn receiving to shelling and bulk storage.
- Conditioningactivities such as cleaning and sizing, treating and packaging, palletizing,wrapping and sampling. Could involve process orders, tag printing,grading, data entry and documentation of government records.
- Treatingactivities involved with the treatment of corn, soybeans and wheat.
- Shipping/receiving,interplant movement, warehousing, and inventory management of bulk and baggedseed, including safe and efficient operation of forklift.
- Returnand rework activities from sorting to repackaging.
- Repairand maintenance on plant equipment as required.
- Willinclude operation and use of PLC equipment and forklift.
- Compliancewith safety and quality standards.
TheFollowing Are Required:
- HighSchool diploma or equivalent
- Competentcomputer skills
- Mustbe mechanically inclined, organized, self-motivated, flexible, and able to workwith limited supervision
- Abilityto climb and/or work in elevated areas; standing and sitting for extendedperiods
- Willingnessto work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions
- Abilityto work overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks
- ValidClass "G" driver's license
- Abilityto lift up to 60 pounds
- Knowledge of productionagriculture and production plant operations.