The Role & Local Community:
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow whats next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture solving the worlds food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Technician ($1,000 sign-on bonus!) to join our team at our seed corn production facility in York, NE. At York, we love to give back to our community and are active participants in CASA donating backpacks to children in need as well as leading food drive cook-offs and donations!
As the Maintenance Technician, you will regularly perform maintenance and troubleshooting on plant equipment, and facilities. With the variable nature of our business season-to-season, we have variety of activities and tasks so you will never be bored. If you value a business and team with high ethical standards and a strong safety culture, then this is the place for you! We are looking for candidates who take initiative, love to learn, work hard, and have stable work history.
Apply today so you can come join our industry leading and market shaping company to be part of helping to feed the world!
Lets peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Responsibilities - What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Support Plant Operations.
- Deliver maintenance support for Capital projects.
- Maintain Condition of the plant shop and maintenance tools Support Process Safety Management and location safety efforts.
- Conduct seasonal prep work including Annual Preventative Maintenance, Repairs, and Improvements .
- Assure proper set-up, calibration, operation, and preventative maintenance of equipment, machines, and facilities.
- Complete grounds and facility maintenance as needed.
- Utilize Predictive Maintenance tools to detect and remedy future machine failures.
- Create, continually update, and train Preventative Maintenance plans for varied equipment.
- Complete fabrication projects to improve plant processes.
- Maintain detailed equipment records and prints.
Requirements - Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- You enjoy working on machines and electrical components!
- When there is a problem, you see an exciting opportunity to troubleshoot so you can find and implement solutions!
- You have EITHER a High School diploma/GED equivalent with 2-3 years of Industrial Maintenance, Production, Operations, Agriculture, or other related experience OR an Associates Degree or two-year Trade School Degree in a Technical, Electrical, or Mechanical field.
- Heights above 25 feet? No problem! You are willing and able to work on elevated surfaces (with fall protection equipment, of course, because safety is always number one to you!).
- You know how to schedule work/jobs and you do a great job of following-up on completion status.
- Chilly warehouse? Greasy machine parts? No problem! You love to get out there and be in the heart of operations with your team and work hard!
- You always are willing to help out and physical work isnt a problem for youPassing by a team member struggling to lift something? Safety is your top priority and you are willing and able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations to help your colleague and/or perform necessary job tasks!
- You value serving your customers and know operations must be supported for optimal uptime, so you are willing and able to work hours required of this role to achieve that mission (this job is typically a day job but requires overtime hours and occasional shift work including weekend work during our seasonal peaks).
Preferences It Would Be Great If You Have:
- Knowledge of production agriculture and associated machinery.
- Basic level of building electrical systems knowledge.
- Knowledge of heating/cooling, refrigeration, security, materials handling equipment (i.e., conveyors, elevator legs, packaging equipment, etc.) or other mechanical/electrical systems.
- Millwright skills, especially relevant to the seed industry.
- Truck and forklift driving skills.
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic repair and test equipment.
- Basic process control understanding.
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!