Are you ready to growyour career and take on a new challenge? If so, our Maintenance Technician-Mechanical role may be the perfect opportunity for you. Here at CortevaAgriscience, we are growing whats next by building the future of agriculture leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of both science andtechnology (thats where you come in!) that will better the lives of people allover the world and fuel the progress of mankind.
Our New Madrid plant offers a safe and innovative work environment that allowsfor personal and professional growth. We are looking for candidates with greatwork ethics who takes initiative and willing to learn. Candidates from allindustry backgrounds are encouraged to apply! Please ensure you attach anupdated copy of your resume with your application for full consideration.
What you will do:
- Support Plant Operations.
- Deliver maintenance support for Capital projects.
- Maintain Condition of the plant shop and maintenance tools.
- Support Process Safety Management and location safety efforts.
- Annual Preventative Maintenance, Repairs, and Improvements.
- Complete grounds and facility maintenance as needed.
- Troubleshooting skills to remedy machine failures.
- Welding, fabrication, and agriculture / industrial equipment experience.
- Maintain detailed equipment records and prints.
- Pneumatic and hydraulic repair and test equipment.
- Seasonal shift work required
What expertise have yougrown? What is required from you?
- High school diploma or GED
- Two plus (2+) years of relevant work experience in a maintenance
- Willing and able to work in a variety of areas (field, plant, warehouse)
- Willing and able to climb and/or work in elevated areas, standing and sitting for extended periods
- Willing and able to work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet and dry conditions
- Willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting
- Position has potential exposure to hazards such as electric shock or moving parts
- Willingness and ability to work overtime hours including weekend work required during seasonal peaks
- Problem solving skills, conflict resolution skills, and teamwork skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Beginning level computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites
The following are preferred:
- Trade School Diploma/Degree
- Knowledge of production agriculture and associated machinery
- Basic level of building electrical systems knowledge
- Knowledge of heating/cooling, refrigeration, security, materials handling equipment (i.e., conveyors, elevator legs, packaging equipment, etc.) or other mechanical/electrical systems
- Able to adjust quickly to changing conditions and multiple priorities
- Detail oriented
- Problem solving skills
- Millwright skills
- Truck and forklift driving skills
- Knowledge of hydraulic repair and test equipment
Lets peek at how youcan grow your well-being, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow yourperspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunitytoday!