The Role & Local Community:
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow whats next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture solving the worlds food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Mechanic join our team at our Hermiston, OR seeds production facility. As the Maintenance Mechanic, you will regularly perform maintenance and troubleshooting on plant equipment, and facilities. Come join our team and enjoy top pay, top benefits, and a great work environment! Our Hermiston team is a wonderful, diverse group to work with. Our business offers strong opportunities for growth and development. What we do offers the opportunity for career growth and learning and goes way outside the box of widget manufacturing. We are looking for self-starters who can efficiently manage different tasks and effectively prioritize time to join our team. If you can work autonomously and within teams successfully, then this is the place for you! So, if you want to work at a fantastic, clean, safe facility that always provides amazing challenges and variety of work for you to tackle with a great team, apply today!
Lets peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Responsibilities - What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Support Plant Operations.
- Deliver maintenance support for Capital projects.
- Maintain Condition of the plant shop and maintenance tools Support Process Safety Management and location safety efforts.
- Conduct seasonal prep work including Annual Preventative Maintenance, Repairs, and Improvements .
- Assure proper set-up, calibration, operation, and preventative maintenance of equipment, machines, and facilities.
- Complete grounds and facility maintenance as needed.
- Utilize Predictive Maintenance tools to detect and remedy future machine failures.
- Create, continually update, and train Preventative Maintenance plans for varied equipment.
- Complete fabrication projects to improve plant processes.
- Maintain detailed equipment records and prints.
Requirements Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
You enjoy working on machines and electrical components!
When there is a problem, you see an exciting opportunity to troubleshoot so you can find and implement solutions!
You have EITHER a High School diploma/GED equivalent with 2-3 years of Industrial Maintenance experience OR an Associates Degree or two-year Trade School Degree in a Technical, Electrical, or Mechanical field.
Heights above 25 feet? No problem! You are willing and able to work on elevated surfaces (with fall protection equipment, of course, because safety is always number one to you!).
You know how to schedule work/jobs and you do a great job of following-up on completion status.
Chilly warehouse? Greasy machine parts? No problem! You love to get out there and be in the heart of operations with your team and work hard!
You always are willing to help out and physical work isnt a problem for youPassing by a team member struggling to lift something? Safety is your top priority and you are willing and able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodation to help your colleague and/or perform necessary job tasks!
You value serving your customers and know operations must be supported for optimal uptime, so you are willing and able to work hours required of this role to achieve that mission, including overtime hours and shift work including weekend work during our seasonal peaks.
Preferences It Would Be Great If You Have:
Knowledge of production agriculture and associated machinery.
Basic level of building electrical systems knowledge.
Knowledge of heating/cooling, refrigeration, security, materials handling equipment (i.e., conveyors, elevator legs, packaging equipment, etc.) or other mechanical/electrical systems.
Diesel mechanic experience.
Millwright skills, especially relevant to the seed industry.
Truck and forklift driving skills.
Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic repair and test equipment.
Basic process control understanding.
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!