The Role & Local Community:
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow whats next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture solving the worlds food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. Corteva Agriscience has an exciting job opportunity for a Maintenance Engineering Technologist to join our team at our Pittsburg, CA crop protection production facility. This role offers lots of variety and interaction opportunities with various key stakeholders. In this role, you will provide technical expertise which may be equipment-based or repair technique-based and impacts the availability and maintainability of the system and/or equipment. Our maintenance group here has a fantastic teamwork and customer-centered attitude. We work together effectively to support our operations teams and ensure equipment uptime! If you are looking for a place to grow and develop, then this is the role for you because this site has career advancement opportunities for high performers. Our ideal candidate would have a positive attitude, be eager to learn and collaborate with others, and be continually focused on creating more efficient ways to do things! We encourage candidates with refinery experience to apply!
Our Pittsburg, California campus is home to 390 acres of manufacturing space making it the largest west coast chemical facility and the third largest employer in Pittsburg. Although a manufacturing powerhouse, the Pittsburg site touts 475 acres of lush wetlands preserve and dozens of prestigious awards from the Wildlife Habitat Council and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. In fact, Pittsburg maintains successful strategic partnerships with the Lindsay Wildlife Museum, the University of California, Berkeley, and the Earth Team. Children from surrounding local schools regularly take field trips to the site and Pittsburg hosts the annual Environmental Fair.
Pittsburg employees enjoy a lush, wetland landscape while connecting with colleagues through regular celebrations, festive holiday events, picnics and more. Join us in bringing sustainable food solutions into homes around the world, and well make you feel at home while youre at work in Pittsburg.
Lets peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Responsibilities What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Provide experience on failures and repair techniques during root cause investigations.
- Provide technical expertise to plant personnel on troubleshooting failures, repairs, and evaluation of whether equipment is designed to meet its intended or existing service conditions.
- During repairs ensure that repair details such as clearances, tolerances, materials of construction, welding procedures, etc. are provided and documented.
- Ensure repair techniques, repair procedures, and equipment specific training are documented and made available.
- Provide technical support for specification, identification and purchasing of needed parts.
- Provide maintainability input to projects and other improvement activities.
- As appropriate and required, review spare parts list for existing equipment and work with Maintenance Repair and Operating Supply (MRO) to ensure parts are identified, added and stocked in the MRO system in support of the maintenance strategy.
- Develop maintenance procedures based on Most Effective Technology (MET).
- Enter quality complaints into the quality management system.
- Participate with Reliability Engineer in developing the equipment maintenance strategy by providing technical and historical information.
- Participate in developing the maintenance budget to support the maintenance strategy.
- Serve as a technical resource to the planner on work packages.
- During development of turnaround work, provide input on scope of work.
- Evaluate Condition-Based Monitoring (CBM) activities and determine appropriate action.
Requirements Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Someone who is passionate about problem-solving!
- You are a self-starter who can identify, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks!
- Busy workday? No problem! You have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
- You work well with people and can inspire others and lead them through influence.
- You have 2-3 years of relevant Industrial, Chemical, or Production Maintenance or other related Maintenance experience.
- You have technical expertise on troubleshooting failures, repairs, and evaluation of whether equipment is designed to meet its intended or existing service conditions.
- You have experience with Maintenance Management Systems.
- You have experience with Preventative Maintenance.
- You have a High School Diploma/GED or higher.
- You understand that we are here to serve our customers and doing so well is critical to our site viability! Due to this, you are willing and able to work a day shift schedule with overtime as well as an on-call rotation schedule. This includes being willing and able to take a call during the week and on some weekends.
- You always are willing to help out and physical work isnt a problem for youPassing by a team member struggling to lift something? Safety is your top priority and you are willing and able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations to help your colleague and/or perform necessary job tasks!
- You have strong interpersonal skills, including good written and verbal communication skills.
Preferences It Would Be Great If You Have:
- Refinery experience!
- 5-10 years of relevant Industrial, Chemical, or Production Maintenance or other related Maintenance experience.
- Military Maintenance courses and training.
- An Associates or Technical Degree in Industrial Maintenance from an accredited Educational Institute (College, School) and/or 4+ years military experience.
- SAP experience.
- You are proficient in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!