NOW OFFERING $2,500 SIGN ON BONUS!!
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. We have an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Electrician ($2,500 sign on bonus!) at our York Nebraska production location. In this position, you will utilize your electrical skills to perform high-level electrical and mechanical installation as well as maintenance of facilities, field and plant equipment. This critical work directly affects safety, function, longevity and overall operation of electrical and mechanical equipment at the plant.
Working at one of Corteva Agriscience’s production plants will provide you the opportunity to serve farmers in a multitude of ways. Corteva offers customers their choice in seed brand and channel; our production plants support the sales team, making products available through our multi-brand, multi-channel approach. We have two global seed brands: Pioneer® seeds, the flagship brand of Corteva Agriscience; Brevant® seeds, a high-performance corn and soybean brand; and our multi-channel brands, which connect to customers at a local level.
This will primarily be a rotating 10-hour shift, 4 days a week that includes off shift work as well as some on call availability when necessary to meet business needs.
*Please note there is NO relocation allowance or visa sponsorship available for this position.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Enjoy competitive wages starting at $28 per hour based on qualifications, education, and experience.
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits; new hires start with 4 weeks off each year. We also have excellent paid maternity; paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our generous retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your VERY FIRST day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Responsibilities – What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Assist with managing plant electrical systems.
- Regularly inspect and troubleshoot equipment as well as electrical, security and communications systems.
- Fabricate parts and equipment.
- Lead and foster the safety culture with team members, drive maintenance and reliability of the process control network.
- Develop and communicate changes and improvements made to equipment to the production team.
- Preventative maintenance for field/facility equipment, machinery and vehicles.
- Estimate labor and equipment costs, maintain appropriate maintenance inventory and repair logs.
- May lead others in maintenance or oversee program, processes or projects.
- Maintain and work on various electrical equipment (12V to 480V).
- Interpret electric code application.
- Various other duties as assigned.
Requirements – Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- You have a High School Diploma/GED.
- You have previous electrical experience with voltages ranging from 24v to 480v 3 phase.
- You are willing and able to perform the physical aspects of this job which include but are not necessarily limited to; climb/work in elevated areas; sit/stand for extended periods; work in a variety of conditions (heat, cold, wet, etc.); repetitive motion and are able to lift up to 50 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
- You are willing and able to work rotating days and shifts and some overtime hours as needed to support business needs.
- You have a valid US driver's license so that you are able to drive company vehicles as needed.
- You have great problem solving, conflict resolution, communication (both written and verbal) and teamwork skills.
- You have strong computer skills including Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- You are knowledgeable and experienced with Allen Bradley Control Systems.
- You are excited at the chance to obtain additional training to continue to develop your skill sets.
- You are knowledgeable and understand electrical panels and how to troubleshoot.
- You are well practiced at reading and comprehending blueprints.
Preferences – It Would Be Great If You Have:
- Your electrical journeyman license.
- Three years of related PLC Automation experience.
- Previous HMI graphical interface programming experience using Allen-Bradley.
- Previous experience programming ladder logic with Allen Bradley Logix 500 and Logix 5000.
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!