Corteva Agriscience, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont, has an exciting opportunity for a Maintenance Electrician to join our company at our Hermiston parent seed production facility in Oregon. Our Hermiston team is a wonderful, diverse group to work with. Our business offers strong opportunities for growth and development. We are looking for self-starters who can efficiently manage different tasks and effectively prioritize time effectively to join our team. If you can work autonomously and within teams successfully, then this is the place for you!
Corteva Agriscience, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont offers an excellent benefits package that begins on your first day of employment. This includes a generous 401k match, health and dental insurance, 15 days of vacation, a variable bonus plan, and much more!
In this role, you will have the opportunity to not only perform excellent electrician work but high quality maintenance work as well. Enjoy the variety this role offers by being responsible for maintaining electrical, mechanical, HVAC, hydraulic systems on process equipment and building maintenance. While working with a small team as well as independently, you will be responsible for repair, calibration, installation and maintenance of electrical instrumentation, control devices or electrical systems on a variety of equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure operation of company equipment including electrical, mechanical, instrumentation, control devices, and HVAC, for process and facility.
- Able to perform electrical repairs and scheduled inspections of equipment, following the prescribed guidelines and procedures.
- Review and lead electrical safety program for the plant maintenance team.
- Service, troubleshoot and repair any problem of any electrical/mechanical nature.
- Adherence to all quality systems & safety procedures including Environmental regulations, OSHA, and PSM procedures in everyday work routine.
- Make recommendations for improved safety through electrical programs and/or process changes including addition of new devices, and hardware. Serve as safety program leader.
The following are required:
- Washington and/or Oregon Journeyman Electrician certification
- High School diploma/GED equivalent
- Willing and able to work at heights up to 25 feet
- Able to understand and interpret the National Electric Code
- Willing and able to work hours required of this role (this job is typically a day job but requires overtime hours including weekend work during our seasonal peaks)
The following are preferred:
- Experience with a CMMS (or similar system) for work orders and parts inventory
- SAP Experience
- Automation skills
- PLC knowledge
- Industrial maintenance work experience (to include production equipment - electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, instrumentation and controls, HVAC and general maintenance experience)