Who are we, and what do we do?
Corteva Agriscience is a publicly traded, global pure-play agriculture company that provides farmers around the world with the most complete portfolio in the industry - including a balanced and diverse mix of seed, crop protection, and digital solutions focused on maximizing productivity to enhance yield and profitability. In 2021, Corteva Agriscience generated revenues valued at around 15.66 billion U.S. dollars.
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
We are seeking an innovative, collaborative, and enthusiastic data scientist with cheminformatics expertise. The successful candidate will join a strong, global data science team that delivers value across Corteva. The position will partner with computational and organic chemists in discovery and process sciences to identify opportunities implement solutions for advanced analytics in chemistry.
The preferred location for this position is in Indianapolis, IN, USA. 100% remote is also an option for strong candidates.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
• Thought leadership on advanced analytics and its application to chemistry
• Develop and apply advanced analytics including machine learning and artificial intelligence for screening and optimization of chemistry
• Partner with computational and organic chemists in discovery and process chemistry group to identify and prioritize opportunities for chemical impact
• Create data representations for decision modeling, analytics, and artificial intelligence applications
• Lead artificial intelligence execution strategy, including what to use and when to use it
• Strategic planning for building, buying, and deploying cheminformatics solutions
• Collaborate with engineering teams to scale-up compute-bound processes
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
• Ph.D. in Cheminformatics, Computational Chemistry, Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, or related fields with 5 or more years of experience (or M.S. with 10 or more years of equivalent experience)
• Strong background in cheminformatics, including digital representations of chemical structures and reactions
• Strong portfolio of cheminformatics solutions using custom and open source computational tools
• Demonstrated leadership in applied data science projects
• Solid understanding of machine learning and artificial intelligence, including deep learning, transformers, auto-encoders, and adversarial learning.
• Experience modeling empirical endpoint data such as clinical or bioactivity data
• Clear vision for the future of artificial intelligence as applied to chemistry and agriculture
• Expertise in Python programming for chemistry, including OpenEye, RDKit, and others
• Proficiency in Machine Learning Operations, including training/testing/validation data set management, model versioning, and scaling.
• Familiarity with relational and document-oriented database technologies, such as SQL and ElasticSearch.
• Proficiency in Development Operations, including containerization using Docker, version control with Git, Continuous Integration, Linux, and Kubernetes.
• Knowledge of statistical methods such as principal component analysis, linear regression, non-linear models, and experiment design
• Strong desire to learn and grow, strong critical thinking skills, a can-do attitude, and agility to adapt approaches to new data and information
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills and a team-oriented mindset
• Ability to work independently and manage timelines in collaborative projects
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
• Strike a better worklife balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
• Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
• Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
• And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!
|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|