The Role & Local Community:
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow whats next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture solving the worlds food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. Corteva Agriscience has an exciting job opportunity for an Instrument & Electrical Maintenance Technologist ($1,500 Sign-On Bonus!) to join our team at the Pittsburg, CA facility and specialize in Instrumentation and Electrical work. This role offers lots of variety and interaction opportunities with various key stakeholders. Our maintenance group here has a fantastic teamwork and customer-centered attitude. We work together effectively to support our operations teams and ensure equipment uptime! If you are looking for a place to grow and develop, then this is the role for you because this site has career advancement opportunities for high performers. Our ideal candidate would have a positive attitude, be eager to learn and collaborate with others, and be continually focused on creating more efficient ways to do things!
Our Pittsburg, California campus is home to 390 acres of manufacturing space making it the largest west coast chemical facility and the third largest employer in Pittsburg. Although a manufacturing powerhouse, the Pittsburg site touts 475 acres of lush wetlands preserve and dozens of prestigious awards from the Wildlife Habitat Council and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. In fact, Pittsburg maintains successful strategic partnerships with the Lindsay Wildlife Museum, the University of California, Berkeley, and the Earth Team. Children from surrounding local schools regularly take field trips to the site and Pittsburg hosts the annual Environmental Fair.
Pittsburg employees enjoy a lush, wetland landscape while connecting with colleagues through regular celebrations, festive holiday events, picnics and more. Join us in bringing sustainable food solutions into homes around the world, and well make you feel at home while youre at work in Pittsburg.
Lets peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Responsibilities What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Diagnose and correct instrument problems.
- Calibrate process instruments.
- Complete instrument preventative maintenance activities.
- Check sizing of components in instrument loops.
- Specify, requisition, and install instrument components.
- Coordinate instrument maintenance spare parts.
- Assist in planning, prioritizing, and scheduling instrument maintenance through planner, work coordinator and operations input.
- Set up and calibrate, test, measure, and repair all types of controls and instruments with pneumatic, electrical, and electronic variables.
- Repair, maintain, and install electrical, pneumatic and or electronic equipment and machinery which is used in the process.
- Trouble shoot and repair malfunctions and documents failure analysis.
- Collect equipment operation and history data to facilitate reliability improvements.
Requirements Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Someone who is passionate about instrumentation and electrical problem-solving!
- You are a self-starter who can identify, prioritize, and accomplish multiple tasks!
- Busy workday? No problem! You have strong multi-tasking, problem solving and time management skills.
- You work well with people and can inspire others and lead them through influence.
- You have 1.5 years of relevant experience in Instrumentation, Electrical, or other similarly related field.
- You have a High School Diploma/GED or higher.
- You understand that we are here to serve our customers and doing so well is critical to our site viability! Due to this, you are willing and able to work a day shift schedule with overtime as well as an on-call rotation schedule. This includes being willing and able to take a call during the week and on some weekends.
- You always are willing to help out and physical work isnt a problem for youPassing by a team member struggling to lift something? Safety is your top priority and you are willing and able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations to help your colleague and/or perform necessary job tasks!
- You have strong interpersonal skills, including good written and verbal communication skills.
Preferences It Would Be Great If You Have:
- 5-10 years of relevant experience in Instrumentation, Electrical, or other similarly related field (candidates with this level of qualifications and experience would be compensated accordingly).
- Military Electronics, or Instrumentation courses and training.
- An Associates or Technical Degree in Instrumentation/Electronics from an accredited Educational Institute (College, School) and/or 4+ years military experience.
- SAP experience.
- NCCER certification (current or can obtain through testing).
- You are proficient in Microsoft applications, such as Word and Excel, and have the ability to learn new systems quickly.
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!