The Role & Local Community:
We care about you, and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world’s food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for an Industrial Electrician ($5000 Sign on Bonus) to join our company at our Hedrick, Iowa dual-crop seeds production facility.
Come join our industry leading and market shaping company to be part of helping to feed the world! At the Hedrick site, you can be sure that your work will always be rewarding and challenging. With the variable nature of our business season-to-season, we have a variety of activities and tasks so you will never be bored. If you value a business and team with high ethical standards and a strong safety culture, then this is the place for you!
We welcome candidates from all industry backgrounds with Electrical experience who want to grow their career with us! We are looking for Electrician candidates who take the initiative, love to learn, work hard, and have stable work history. Apply today and come join our group of empowered team members.
Diversity. It’s Not an Obligation – It’s an Opportunity and Corteva Agriscience believes that diversity is the cornerstone of a high-performance organization
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits. New employees start with four (4) weeks of Paid Time Off (PTO) off each year! In addition, we offer excellent paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your FIRST DAY of employment
- And much, much more!
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Ensure operation of company equipment including electrical, mechanical, instrumentation, control devices, and HVAC, for process and facility.
- Perform electrical repairs and scheduled inspections of equipment, following the prescribed guidelines and procedures.
- Review and lead electrical safety program for the plant maintenance team.
- Service, troubleshoot and repair any problem of any electrical/mechanical nature.
- Adherence to all quality systems & safety procedures including Environmental regulations, OSHA, and PSM procedures in everyday work routine.
- Make recommendations for improved safety through electrical programs and/or process changes including the addition of new devices, and hardware.
- Serve as safety program leader.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- You enjoy working on machines and electrical components!
- When there is a problem, you see an exciting opportunity to troubleshoot so you can find and implement solutions!
- You have a High School diploma or equivalent with 2-3 years of Industrial Electrician Maintenance experience, OR an associate degree, or two-year Trade School Degree within the Technical, Electrical, or Mechanical field.
- Heights above 25 feet? No problem! You are willing and able to work on elevated surfaces (with fall protection equipment, of course, because safety is always number one to you!).
- Chilly warehouse? Greasy machine parts? No problem! You love to get out there and be in the heart of operations with your team and work hard!
- You always are willing to help, and physical work isn’t a problem for you…Passing by a team member struggling to lift something? Safety is your top priority, and you are willing and able to lift fifty (50) pounds or less with or without reasonable accommodation to help your colleague and/or perform necessary tasks!
- Working safely is important to you!
- You know how to schedule work/jobs and you do an excellent job of following-up on completion status.
- You are a guru at understanding and interpreting the National Electric Code.
- You value serving your customers and know operations must be supported for optimal uptime, so you are willing and able to work hours required of this role to achieve that mission (this job requires overtime hours and shift work including weekend work during our seasonal peaks).
- A Journeyman or Master Licensed Electrician
- Experience with a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) or similar for work orders and parts inventory
- SAP Experience or similar operations software
- Automation skills
- Programmable Logic Control (PLC) knowledge
- Additional industrial maintenance work experience (including production equipment - electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, instrumentation and controls, HVAC, and general maintenance experience)
- You have general agriculture knowledge and/or experience
Work Authorization, if applicable
- No Visa Sponsorship offered or available for this position
- No relocation allowance offered or available for this position
Site Dedicated (100% at Corteva location)
- This role will be on-site at our Corteva location.
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact, and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team. Start by applying to this opportunity today!