Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what’s next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
Corteva Agriscience Research and Development has an exciting and challenging opening for a Formulation Technology Lead with specific expertise in high throughput (HTP) formulation characterization and optimization and lab automation. The individual works within a team of research, commercial and operations personnel to develop and launch novel formulations and delivery systems for crop protection products. As HTP and lab automation expert, the individual in this role applies broad lab automation expertise and advanced data analytical tools to lead the identification, evaluation, acquisition and integration of high throughput, state of art characterization and evaluation automation tools to drive the significant improvement in the selection and evaluation of coformulants and robust formulation performance. The individual will also provide SME (subject matter expertise) and support necessary in technology transfer, product registration, and process scale up for these concepts. This individual should be skilled in the conception and development of formulations for the agricultural, pharmaceutical, personal care or related industries
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
Formulation Technology Lead and HTP and Lab Automation subject matter expert makes key decisions regarding their respective research projects that will have both immediate and long-term impact to the business and to formulation design and development. Curiosity, Critical thinking and Collaboration are required to be successful in this individual contributor role. A high degree of initiative is required, to enact change and continuous improvement. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the exploration, proof of concept, and development of novel formulations and delivery technologies for new and existing active molecules in close collaboration with multi-functional teams, including R&D, commercial, supply, manufacturing and regulatory.
- Lead the identification, evaluation, acquisition and group integration/implementation of high throughput and lab automation tools that drives significant improvement in the screening and evaluation of coformulants and formulation to deliver superior formulation performance
- Apply broad lab automation expertise and advanced data analytical tools to explore and establish predictive tools to better understand long-term formulation and application performance and reduce the development risks
- Lead the development of formulation lab automation research program and drive the incorporation of new high throughput capabilities and predictive tools into the development practices of formulation scientists globally.
- Drive alignment and science/data-based decisions and action plans across multi-functional teams
- Work closely with other functions, such as biology (both greenhouse and field), regulatory and external manufacturing, to deliver against plan and support process demonstration trials and start-ups of new formulations.
- Partner with Product Science and Technology Leadership team to develop and execute a 5- to 10-year technology plan for next-generation formulation product development capabilities and expertise.
- Develop proprietary technology positions for Corteva Agriscience through partnership with external companies or universities, competitive analysis, in-licensing, as well as development of new differentiated intellectual property
- Working safely, in full observance of company safety and environmental plans and policies and fostering a strong commitment to safety and overall environmental responsibility.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Bachelors /Masters/PhD in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science or related fields
- PhD. with a minimum 2 years related experience
- Master/Bachelor with a minimum 3 years related experience
- Specific expertise and experience in the design and implementation of High Throughput workflow and lab automation tools is required.
- Extensive experience with the design and development of formulation is desired.
- Knowledge and experience in data analytical tools and the development of performance predictive modeling is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with global and cross-functional teams, including commercial, technical, supply, manufacturing and regulatory components.
- Track record of new product/technology development towards meeting customer needs and using a multi-disciplinary approach to problem solving and opportunity development.
- Strong project leadership skills and ability to balance multiple projects on different timelines for stakeholders across the business.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S.-based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
• Strike a better worklife balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
• Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
• Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
• And much, much more!