Purpose and responsibilities:
Corteva Agriscience, Agriculture Division of DowDuPont has an exciting opportunity for a plant protection field scientist at our Cambridge location.
- Accountable for flawless field trial execution: Selecting Contract Research Organizations based on technical objectives, understanding and writing of protocols, forecasting sample needs. Accountable for trial network and reliable upload of data to pertinent databases.
- Organizes field tours upon request and selects appropriate trials to support decision making in a regional/global trial program.
- Summarizes data from own trials as well as data from other field scientists and provides key observations and recommendations on product performance to the Program Leader in IFS and cross functional product development teams.
- Summarizes efficacy data for registration purposes.
- Measures and documents field performance, understands resistance issues, and identifies trends and issues relative to current and emerging competition in the assigned territory. Proposes technical positioning to the Portfolio Leadership Management Teams based on local needs and requirements in the assigned territory.
- Serves as R&D expert and technical focal point for specific herbicide and fungicide products and crops.
- Represents the company at relevant academic and government institutes in the assigned territory and documents emerging trends and technology related to agriculture.
- Serves as ad-hoc advisor to Marketing Teams, Program Mangers, Portfolio Marketing Leaders at local level.
- Provides input on the critical assessment and prioritization of technical needs and activities essential to the implementation of business strategy.
Interacts with: Integrated Field Science Regional Technical Experts, Program Leaders, Technical Portfolio Strategy Leaders, Portfolio Marketing Leaders, Product Managers, Market Development Specialist and Customer Technology Specialists. The role supports also Sales Representatives and Technology Transfer Leaders and interacts with Regulatory Specialists for permit and sample import questions.
- Focal point for local country/CU and R&D functions pertaining to technical issues/queries related to the assigned products.
External interactions include contract research organizations, agricultural officials, growers along with technical and commercial staff of distributors (customer facing role).
- Broad scientific and agronomic understanding and leadership,
- Ability to select optimal test sites and strategies and good understanding of trial designs and goals.
- Versatile individual who can solve practical problems in sometimes remote locations and is committed to a strong safety and stewardship culture.
- Should be highly motivated and able to work independently on given projects.
- In-depth knowledge of summarizing data for dossier submissions.
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION
- Advanced technical knowledge of herbicides and fungicides would be appreciated.
Job Post Date: 04/06/19