Grow what's next. Grow your future. Corteva Agriscience is seeking a Field Research Intern to participate in a 6-month internship designed to give broad based exposure on the day-to-day activities of a breeding program. Several research centers house both plant breeding and trait development research activities. Sharing resources across these breeding and trait development groups facilitates more efficient integrated product development.
Position duration is May to December 2021.
Responsibilities What Youll Do:
- Interns in the program will be expected to participate in all aspects of the research center's activities. In addition, you will be expected to conduct a small research project that they will present after the internship.
- Our interns will get experience with field plot research, planting, plot establishment and maintenance, organizing and completing pollination, harvesting and analyzing samples, and data collection of traits important to a breeding program.
- A key component of the position will be the collection of high quality data on specific traits of economic importance. You will be expected to travel to other locations as part of the data collection process. As part of the program, you will be expected to lead groups of co-workers to complete required tasks.
Qualifications - What You'll Bring:
- Current sophomore or junior standing at an accredited university
- Education focus in Agronomy, Plant Physiology, Plant Pathology, Genetics, Biology or a related field
- Agricultural background beneficial
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0
- Must be enrolled at an accredited university at the time of internship