Establishes the direction for the development of quality assurance efforts for a region or global groups. Integrates a knowledge of customer needs, product requirements, manufacturing processes to successfully implement systems that assure customer satisfaction. Provides oversight to quality improvement efforts in the region or support group. Establishes strategic policies and procedures across sites in the region or global groups.
- Establish strategic policies and procedures across sites in the region to ensure products meet customer expectations, quality objectives and business strategy.
- Manage Quality Incidents process to mitigate, classify and notify Leadership about local/regional incidents,
- Discuss customer expectations to ensure quality and stewardship specifications are created, revised and met.
- Work with the agriculture division portfolio and program teams to ensure quality, stewardship and third-party trait requirements applicable for the region and crops are incorporated into the quality assurance program.
- Review adequacy of quality assurance requirements in licensing contracts and contract manufacturing.
- Align with regional leadership team to monitor key metrics and identify trends in product quality conformity; customers complaints; corrective actions; audit findings; performance of external providers; Quality comparison vs competitors; current germination, trait purity trendsand cost of poor quality.
- Understand competitors product quality and determine mechanism for customer's quality perception in the region.
- Ensure sampling and verification requirements are in place to verify that the product requirements have been met. Correlate Quality Testing results with quality assurance metrics.
- Support the region in identifying criteria for product not meeting specifications.
- Ensure investigation, root causes and improvements are complete for all crops.Identify and facilitate the execution quality assurance improvement projects in the region.
- Work with regulatory affairs on seed law interpretation, government regulation to ensure program meets accreditations applicable for the region.
- Support the region in conducting risk assessment to identify risk and opportunities impacting quality objectives and assurance program.Ensure adherence of calibration/verification global specifications applicable for critical equipment identified in the process.
- Analyze trends from site audits and monitor findings reported from internal audit.
- Work on implementing and maintaining external standards and programs regarding Quality, Compliance and stewardship
- Further develop and maintain a network of expertise in the regions where exchanging and sharing of ideas are common practices
- Knowledge of the principles and practical applications associated with field and plant manufacturing operations.
- Ability to use audit results and corrective actions to drive continuous improvement of the quality system.
- Familiarity with stage gate product/process introduction processes.
Skills and Knowledge
- Extensive knowledge of quality management system and stewardship requirements.
- BS/BA degree in Seed physiology, Quality Assurance, Ag Business
- 5 years relevant experience in quality assurance programs or system management.
- Influential leadership is important.
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION
Job Post Date: 04/17/19