Corteva Agriscience is seeking an Endangered Species (Environmental Exposure) Scientist to join our growing Environmental Exposure Assessment Team within Regulatory Science. The successful applicant will work with Environmental Exposure and Ecotoxicology scientists on multidisciplinary regulatory teams responsible for development, registration, or re-registration of new and existing crop protection products. This role with have particular focus in informing risk assessments related to the US Endangered Species Act.
Opportunities also exist for scientific growth within this role including working on cross-active ingredient projects, innovative higher-tier risk assessment approaches and communicating data to a variety of audiences. The position will involve close liaison with regulatory and scientific colleagues within Corteva, scientific consulting firms and other external stakeholders.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
The successful candidate will serve as an environmental exposure scientist in the development and registration of crop protection products; this includes:
- Providing relevant information to support endangered species risk assessments in accordance with regulatory expectations, with particular focus on exposure of plant protection products to listed species.
- Providing advice on interpretation of data and approaches for endangered species assessments.
- Providing reports and presentations for regulatory agencies and interfacing with regulatory agencies.
- Contribute to the developing area of landscape scale risk assessment for pesticides, particularly in the US.
- Contributing as a member of multiple product teams operating in a collaborative, team environment.
- Effectively utilizing organizational networking to influence decision making.
- The successful candidate will also contribute to external science, including publications and science-related arenas related to environmental exposure assessment, endangered species risk assessment, and leverage influence to benefit the company by:
- Keeping current with developments in the use of environmental risk assessment tools for endangered species assessments and for broader environmental safety purposes; providing technical expertise and support to regulatory science, registration and business teams.
- Representing environmental exposure and/or regulatory sciences externally at meetings and conferences.
- Domestic travel approximately 5 percent of the time.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- B.S. or higher in environmental science, environmental engineering, geoscience or related fields.
- Familiar with USEPA ecological modelling (PWC, PAT, etc.) and risk assessment frameworks, and/or endangered species determinations.
- Experience in the development of transport models for use in higher-tier risk assessment strategies is desirable.
- Scientific programming and application development skills (python, R, data visualization, etc.) are highly desirable.
- Familiarity with agricultural best management practices and NRCS mitigations are desirable.
- Excellent communication skills; demonstrated visual and technical presentation skills.
- The ability to collaborate effectively as part of global project teams.
- High level of English Proficiency, written and oral.
- A minimum requirement for this U.S. based position is the ability to work legally in the United States. No visa sponsorship/support is available for this position, including for any type of U.S. permanent residency (green card) process.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? We seek applicants from all backgrounds to ensure we get the best, most creative talent on our team.
Start by applying to this opportunity today!