Agriculture is the basis for healthy and affordable food. Corteva Agriscience is a global leader in providing seed, crop protection, and software & analytics solutions helping farmers to meet global demand with economically successful and environmentally sustainable farming. Cortevas R&D organization is the innovation engine that identifies and develops solutions for farmers, globally. We are looking for a Digital R&D lead to join our Data Science & Informatics organization leading and organizing the R&D efforts creating analytics for our SaaS business at Granular as well as Agronomy Services.
If you are curious about infusing science into grower software solutions and are passionate about shaping and leading an R&D program in a dynamic and exciting field in agriculture, this is your opportunity.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Partner with leaders across Corteva in Digital Ag to co-develop the strategic plan for Data Science R&D efforts and collaborations to drive immediate and long term business objectives of the software and agronomy science businesses.
- Create and manage a portfolio of DSI initiatives, programs, and projects to deliver engineering, software development, data engineering and data science components.
- Provide ongoing strategic guidance to >15 agile project teams with >60 engineers and data scientists in a rapidly growing, dynamic and highly cross-functional field.
- Drive strategy development and provide visibility of ongoing efforts as a member of multiple leadership teams accountable for digital solutions across Corteva.
- Pro-actively ensure alignment of digital strategies and best practices by communicating business and R&D context, R&D and DSI strategy, and project plans and status to teams and stakeholders.
- Enable an environment that is tightly aligned & loosely coupled, promoting diversity and innovation while maintaining reliable project execution.
- Bachelor's degree or an equivalent education and related experience
- Deep experience in agronomy or in development of software and analytics solutions, and passion to learn domain or technical aspects that complement your experience.
- At least 10 years of experience in seed product R&D or business, digital ag business, or agronomy. Knowledge of the following areas is a plus: field phenotyping, plant breeding, ag biotechnology, crop protection
- Experience with strategic leadership and program or portfolio management is required
- Experience with or strong interest in data management and data science is a requirement
- Excellent people and communication skills, including experience in communicating with Senior Management
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated ability in:
- Creating and executing strategic plans to support research and product vision
- Leading and inspiring agile teams working in a fast paced, dynamic research environment
- Partnering with research and informatics groups to jointly identify opportunities and prioritize and execute on multiple projects.