Grow what's next. Grow your future. Corteva Agriscience is seeking a Data Science Intern to participate in a 3-month internship designed to give focused exposure on applications of the latest developments of scientific computing and data analysis in the domain of plant breeding. In this role, expect to collaborate with fellow data scientists, plant breeders, biostatisticians, genomicists and crop scientists to build data enabled tools and capabilities.
Position duration is May to August 2021.
Responsibilities - What You'll Do:
- Interns in the program will be expected to engage with a team of domain scientists, data scientists and software developers to discover new data opportunities. Expect to apply machine learning, statistical models and other computational approaches to extract new insights from datasets in complex agronomic systems.
- A key component of the position will be for the intern to conduct research on data science approaches to improve our decisions and extend or improve in-house models and algorithms. Strong communication and data visualization skills for presenting the results of this research is imperative.
Qualifications - What You'll Bring:
- Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program at an accredited university
- Education focus in Genetics, Biology, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Physics, Economics or a related field
- Proficiency in at least one programming language (Python, R, Scala, or similar)
- Familiarity with Linux environments, cloud based services (AWS), relational databases
- Knowledge or experience with some of the following: Common Machine Learning Algorithms, Data Mining, Multivariate Regression, Clustering Algorithms, Decision Trees, Deep Learning, Geospatial Analysis, Remote Imaging Analysis
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Familiarity or experience with biological systems, agronomy, plant breeding or quantitative genetics is beneficial
- Must be enrolled at an accredited university at the time of internship
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 +
Job Post Date: 09/19/20