Tired of working 24/7 year-round? Tired of being on a forever off-shift? If you are a PLC Programmer/Automation Specialist looking for an amazing place to work where you can have a better work-life balance, then this is the perfect role for you! Our unique seed industry business allows us to not work 24/7 year-round like other manufacturing plants. Don't wait another minute, read more below about our excellent Automation Specialist opportunity, and apply today!
You will never be bored at our Hedrick, IA production facility as our site offers diversity of tasks and activities year-round! Here at Hedrick, we take pride in the quality of our work and the safety of all of our team members.
As the Automation Specialist, you will work with the Location Maintenance Team to maintain the local Process Control Network, programming standards, and troubleshoot electrical or mechanical issues. You will be challenged with duties and responsibilities that will evolve throughout the year. Come grow your career with Corteva, where you'll have opportunities to nurture your passion and use your talents to help solve some of the biggest challenges facing the world today.
$5,000 SIGN ON BONUS!
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you.
- Maintain integrity of the PLC automation servers and PLC processors at the Hedrick location.
- Troubleshoot and modify ladder logic programs on Allen Bradley processors, using software for RS Logix 500 and 5000.
- Understand the strategy for the Process Control Network operating production locations and be accountable for the implementation of the strategy at the local level.
- Lead and foster the safety culture with team members, and drive maintenance and reliability of the process control network.
- Maintain the strategy for PLC automation support for the location which includes training of operators.
- Assist in the development, installation, inspection, and maintenance of new or enhanced mechanical and/or electrical equipment.
- Troubleshoot and perform electrical repairs.
- Conduct preventative maintenance on field or facility equipment/machinery or vehicles.
- Estimate labor and equipment costs, maintain appropriate maintenance, inventory, and repair logs.
- Adherence to all quality systems & safety procedures including environmental regulations, OSHA, and PSM procedures in everyday work routine.
- Ensure operation of company equipment including electrical, mechanical, instrumentation, control devices, and HVAC for process and facility.
- May lead others in maintenance or oversee certain programs, processes, and/or projects.
- May be responsible for supporting mechanical projects throughout the plant.
- May work in elevated work areas with fall protection.
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- You love a challenge and enjoy troubleshooting!
- You look at problems as a way to find solutions and love preventing them!
- You have a High School Diploma or GED or higher education.
- You have previous HMI graphical interface programming experience using Allen-Bradley FTVSE\FTVME and PanelBuilder32 Software.
- You have previous experience programming PLC ladder logic.
- You have previous electrical experience with voltages ranging from 24v DC to 480v 3 phase AC.
- You have previous experience with IT services such as setting up new computers, and terminating Data/Phone Cable.
- You are willing and able to lift up to 50 lbs. and complete work that involves repetitive motion and/or repetitive lifting with or without reasonable accommodation.
- You understand that delivering to our customers on-time keeps us viable and are willing and able to work as on-call, shift work, overtime hours (including weekend work required during seasonal peaks) to support achieving our goals.
- You value health and safety! You will always work safely and follow all safety policies and procedures to ensure you and your colleagues go home safely each day.
- You work well with others of all organizational levels because you have strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- You have intermediate computer skills or higher, including use of Microsoft Office.
- You have an understanding of, or experience with, Allen Bradley automation control systems.
- You love to learn and improve so you are willing and able to complete additional training, if necessary.
- You have EITHER a two-year technical / vocational degree in Industrial Technology with PLC Automation coursework OR 1-3 years of related PLC Automation work experience.
- Previous HMI programming experience primarily with Allen Bradley Factory Talk Studio.
- Previous ladder logic programming experience with Allen Bradley products such as RSLogix 500, RSLogix 5000, and others.
- Knowledge of electrical distribution, controls, and troubleshooting.
- Ability to read blue prints and schematics.
- Experience with repairing mechanical, hydraulics, and pneumatic systems.
- Training/coaching skills.
- Project management skills.
Let’s peek at how you can grow your well-being, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!