Who are we, and what do we do?
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow whats next. No matter your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture leading breakthroughs in the innovation and application of science and technology that will better the lives of people all over the world and fuel the progress of humankind.
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
Corteva Agriscience has a rich history of scientific discovery that has enabled countless innovations. Were looking for more people, in more places, to collaborate with us to create a market-shaping, agriculture company with leading positions in seed technologies, crop protection and digital agriculture.
We need an Atmospheric Data Scientist, Climatologist, Meteorologist, or Ag Meteorologist to collaborate with visionary crop and crop protection scientists, agronomists, plant breeders, data scientists and engineers to build digitally enabled science and business capabilities.
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your skillset to contribute to our team and help us on our mission!?
In this role, you will:
- Drive the application of climate and atmospheric data science solutions for Cortevas seed, crop protection, and digital product platforms.
- Identify, acquire, prototype, and analyze weather and climate data products.
- Collaborate on weather station and I.O.T. system development.
- Integrate these products into decision support solutions that address customer needs.
- Apply an understanding of climate change and variability to guide product development.
- Develop, prototype, and implement global weather data pipelines and software solutions with engineering and production teams.
- Use machine learning, statistical or mechanistic models, and other computational approaches to extract insights from datasets in complex agronomic systems.
- Conduct and communicate results of research on data science approaches to improve decisions, add value to services, extend or improve in-house models and algorithms, and contribute to the advancement of these ideas into the marketplace.
- Uphold Corteva Agriscience Core Values at all times.
Requirements:What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
- Demonstrated experience using and understanding reanalysis and forecasting models, machine learning, data mining, statistical methodology, or simulation modeling.
- Proficiency in Python or R and atmospheric science toolsets.
- Familiarity with cloud based or HPC systems and computation in linux.
- Expert capabilities with geospatial, multidimensional time series, and remote sensing data.
- Strong skills in building visualizations of scientific data.
- Outstanding problem-solving skills and a proven ability to independently deliver analytic solutions by asking the right questions, finding or applying the correct domain knowledge, identifying necessary data sources, building predictive models, and producing actionable results.
- Proven ability to work in a team setting and ability to complete complex projects on time and in budget.
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written.
- An M.S. or PhD and demonstrated experience with quantitative applications in Atmospheric Sciences, Remote Sensing, Climatology, Meteorology, or related fields. Or conversely, you have an M.S. or PhD in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or Statistics with demonstrated Data Science applications in these areas.
What will generate excitement:
- Experience in digital agriculture
- Product focused perspective
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
Lets peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment
- And much, much more!
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!