The Role & Local Community:
We care about you and we care that you're comfortable. While there's no place like home, Corteva comes close.
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow whats next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture solving the worlds food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first. We welcome candidates from any industry who want to grow their career with us! We are looking for candidates who take initiative, love to learn, work hard, and have stable work history.
Corteva Agriscience has an exciting opportunity for an Area Team Lead to join our team at our double-crop production location in Hedrick, IA. As an Area Team Lead, you will oversee a staff of production employees and coordinate the internal and the external resources to ensure a safe and smooth operation of product manufacturing. Come join our industry leading and market shaping company to be part of helping to feed the world! At the Hedrick site, you can be sure that your work will always be rewarding and challenging. With the variable nature of our business season-to-season, we have variety of activities and tasks so you will never be bored. If you value a business and team with high ethical standards and a strong safety culture, then this is the place for you! Please ensure you attach an updated copy of your resume with your application for full consideration.
The Hedrick production location runs various production schedules during peak season, September through March each year. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- 24/7 operations, running 12 hour shifts (3 days on, 2 days off, 2 days on, 3 days off)
- 24/5 or 24/6 operations, running three 8 hour shifts (5-6 days per week, with 1-2 days off)
During off-peak months, April through August, the site staggers down to an 8 hour day shift schedule with occasional overtime when needed.
Lets peek at how you can grow your wellbeing, health, and future at Corteva!
- Strike a better work-life balance with robust time off benefits including paid maternity, paternal and family illness leave.
- Prepare for your future with our competitive retirement savings plan, tuition reimbursement program, and more.
- Enjoy access to health benefits for you and your family on your first day of employment.
- And much, much more!
Responsibilities What You Will Do:
How will you help us grow? It matters to us, and it matters to you!
- Maintain standards in the areas of housekeeping, safety, attendance, operational discipline, process safety management, as well as scheduled and unscheduled maintenance.
- Communicate up and down the line and assure that communications from team members are accurate and complete.
- Support the oversight of harvest, sorting, receiving, shelling, drying, bulk load out, conditioning, bagging, and warehousing operation to maximize material flow and process efficiencies.
- Monitor and ensure adherence to standard work.
- Monitor product quality and ensure activities meet the requirements of the Quality Plan.
- Become knowledgeable of our process order process.
- Ensure direct materials are staged for next process order (tags, bags, boxes, treatment, etc.).
- Assist in managing bulk and bagged seed inventories.
- Assist with product movement activities.
- Ensure Operator Preventative Maintenance is completed.
- Support forward plans for oncoming shift.
- Ensure availability of equipment and materials.
- Provide input and assistance to supervisor when planning capital and focused improvement projects.
- Provide input for workforce planning and development scheduling.
- Ensure appropriate records, documents, or reports are completed as assigned.
- Support continuous improvement and special projects as assigned.
- Work as Production Technician as directed.
- Assume the duty of the Shift Supervisor for the shift in their absence.
- Support the adherence to safety, quality, and site policies.
Requirements Who You Are:
What expertise have you grown? What do you bring to the table?
You have 2-4+ years of on the job related manufacturing, operations, production, agricultural, or related experience.
You have a High School Diploma/GED.
You can work with all team members effectively since you have good communication & interpersonal skills.
You work with technologies well and have the ability to use and train on automation and digital-based systems.
You have knowledge of computer systems such as Microsoft Office and other software programs and can use them effectively day-to-day.
Chilly warehouse? Dusty field inspections? No problem! You love to get out there and be in the heart of operations with your team and work hard!
You always are willing to help out and physical work isnt a problem for youPassing by a team member struggling to lift something? Safety is your top priority and you are willing and able to lift up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable accommodations to help your colleague and/or perform necessary job tasks!
You understand that the companys viability and performance is directly tied to your job security, so you are willing and able to work shift work and overtime including nights and weekends to meet business needs during peak season.
You always put your best foot forward and have great attention to detail, so you have submitted your updated resume with your application to this opportunity.
Preferences It Would Be Great If You Have:
An Associates Degree, Two year Technical Diploma/Degree, or equivalent.
Supervisory experience across multiple production processes and leadership skills.
Experience with SAP or equivalent Manufacturing Operations software.
Forklift operations experience or willingness to learn.
Experience with LEAN Manufacturing operations and projects.
Experience with problem solving and implementation of solutions and corrective actions.
Ready to grow your perspectives, impact and career? Start by applying to this opportunity today!