|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
The Test Technician conducts tests and validation (functional test and durability test) of CLAAS products in North America and internationally.
Main Accountabilities and Essential Functions
· Responsible for conducting assigned field and lab test activities.
· Fabricates test parts and/or entire harvest machines in workshop.
· Performs instrumented tests in lab and in the field.
· Presents test results to Engineering group using both written and verbal communication.
· Adheres to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follows and supports compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws,
regulations and standards.
· Demonstrates regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
Note: This position includes extensive travel - during harvest expect 80% -100% travel; valid driver's license and passport is required
o Extensive stays of 1-3 weeks may be required in support of test and harvest activities. During these times, 1 to 2 weekends away from home at a time is possible.
· Conducts technical exchange with other CLAAS Engineering groups.
· Supports local content design and validation activities.
· Other projects and / or duties as assigned by management.
· Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Mechanized Systems Management, or equivalent.
· Entry level position (0-3) years' experience.
· Familiar with agricultural equipment and harvesting practices, farming background preferred.
· Excellent time management and project management skills.
· Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
· Vehicle field and lab testing experience desirable; must have operational knowledge of prototype shop machine tools including welding.
· Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent problem analysis and problem solving skills.
· Ability to obtain and maintain CDL.
· Must be able to meet deadlines and handle a high volume workload in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to detail.