Requisition ID: 1298
Work for an industry leading company that recognizes the values of its employees! Competitive compensation and benefits packages.
The Canada West Harvest Centre (CWHC) Territory Sales Representative optimizes retail sales to end user CLAAS / LEXION agriculture equipment within assigned territory. Position develops sales territory for future growth and maintains relationships within dealer guidelines and provides after sales product follow-up and support equipment operations as needed.
- Responsible for the retail sales and promotion of products. Builds effective relationships within the dealership assigned territory.
- Regularly monitors competitive activities.
- Implements marketing sales tools.
- Sells features and benefits rather than discounts "Value Selling".
- Provides extra consideration in used machinery retails.
- Coordinates training efforts.
- Relationship management of customer / dealer, including factory visits.
- Acts as continuous liaison / feedback from territory to dealer.
- Achieves and/or exceeds annual marketing plan.
- Achieves goals within allocated budget guidelines.
- Adheres to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follows and supports compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations and standards.
- Demonstrates regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
- Initiates / implements action as needed with prior approval.
- Other Projects as assigned by management.
- 4 year College Degree in Agriculture or related field, preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in sales or marketing capacity with agricultural equipment manufacturer, preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in application, adjustment, setting and operation of farm equipment.
- Farming background preferred.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and remote computer login.
- Willingness to travel extensively.
- Must have valid driver's license with verifiably safe driving history.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem analysis and problem solving skill set.
- Must be a self-starter and motivator with excellent time management skills.
- Knowledge of CLAAS products and retail finance processes, a plus.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to bend, stoop, and pick up objects.
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds frequently.
- Ability to see well enough to use a computer and work documents.
- Ability to see, hear, and speak well enough to use a telephone, computer, and cell phone; and to present and explain product details to customers.
- Ability to drive vehicle for extended periods of time.
Dealership environment with vehicle and airline travel. Working conditions may include exposure to poor weather and road conditions, and will vary dependent upon geographical area.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.