Requisition ID: 1407
Service Manager is responsible for growing Service Revenue & Profitability and achieve a high level of Customer Satisfaction by providing Best in Class after Sales Support. The Service Manager will establish and oversee the daily service operations for Ag equipment dealership Service Department by communicating with customers via phone and in person regarding maintenance, repairs and disputes. The Service Manager will direct, manage and develop a team of technicians to ensure quality of work and repairs to customer equipment while utilizing the highest level of customer service and certifying warranty guidelines are met.
Main Accountabilities and Essential Functions
- Schedules jobs for shop and field technicians; quotes repairs for internal machines and for customer units.
- Conducts machinery Inspection of completed technician work.
- Performs budget input and reviews, is responsible for generating store revenues, will assist with controlling Service Department expenses in cooperation with Complex Manager.
- Manages warranty program for assigned location, and ensures all documentation is properly completed for warranty or any potential liability claims. Prepares service reports for warranty submissions.
- Monitors and invoices work orders. Position will settle any customer disputes that may arise.
- Ensure a high level of customer service performance by all employees
- In cooperation with local management and North America Human Resources, hire, train, develop and appraise staff effectively. Identify employees skills and develop them by coaching and counseling on a regular basis. Conduct performance appraisals on time and provide continual feedback on performance. Take timely corrective action as necessary and in accordance with company policies. Work with the North America human Resource Department to handle disciplinary matters, grievance resolutions, and other personnel related issues.
- Schedules and organizes technical service training as needed.
- Adheres to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follow and support compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations and standards.
- Demonstrates regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
Note: This position includes frequent travel by auto; valid driver s license with a verifiably safe driving history is required. May require overnight travel and weekend or evening work
- Assist subordinates in all areas of the parts department operations during peak season as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned or required by management.
- Two year Ag Diesel Technical Degree preferred
- 5+ years experience in a field service technician role.
- Prior experience in troubleshooting methods and tools required.
- Ability to give employee feedback in verbal and written form succinctly and timely.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively train and develop personnel.
- Working knowledge of CLAAS machinery a plus.
- Ability to hold highest level of communications between customer, technicians, and management.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, ability to maintain confidentiality and tact.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Farm background desirable.
- Ability to read and interpret parts and machine schematics.
- Ability to handle stressful situations professionally; the ability to exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others and maintaining constructive working relationships.
- Must be able to maintain professionalism at all times.
- Ability to safely operate large machinery.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and handle a high volume workload in a fast-paced environment with a strong attention to detail.