Requisition ID: 1305
POSITION LOCATION: SWIFT CURRENT, SK CANADA
Work for an industry leading company that recognizes the values of its employees! Competitive compensation and benefits packages.
The Field Service Technician repairs machines to the customer's satisfaction in the field, shop or customers location. Removes, installs, repairs, disassembles, assembles, performs failure analyses of all equipment including engines, electrical systems, hydraulics, transmissions, power train, brakes, steering, electronic and computer applications, heating and air conditioning (HVAC).
- · Troubleshoots and repairs customer machines at customer job sites.
- · Troubleshoots machine systems and researches problems.
- · Conducts machinery inspections.
- · Conducts machinery set-up and adjustments.
- · Uses laptop to enter labor, fill out service reports, and complete warranty reports.
- · Uses service manuals and parts books to look up specs and parts for repairs.
- · Adheres to established company values, practices, policies and procedures at all times. Follows and supports compliance with all applicable safety rules, laws, regulations and standards.
- · Demonstrates regular and punctual attendance at the assigned work location.
- Fill in for supervisor as needed.
- Trains new employees and student interns, as required.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- · Journeyman Diploma preferred.
- · 2-5 years' industry experience, preferred.
- · Working knowledge of Ag equipment, a plus.
- · Prior experience in troubleshooting methods, a plus.
- · Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- · Excellent customer service skills.
- · Farm background desirable.
- · Ability to travel within region and to be able to work with limited supervision.
- · Ability to operate large machinery.
- · Valid driver's license required with verifiable safe driving history.
- · Computer literacy.
- · Ability to see, hear and speak well enough to use a telephone, computer, and cell phone, and to present and explain product details to customers.
- · Ability to drive vehicle for extended periods of time.
- · Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- · Follows all safety rules, regulations and policies.
- · Ability to bend, stoop, and pick up objects.
- · Ability to lift up to 35 pounds frequently, 50 pounds occasionally.
Typical dealership repair / office / field environment. Frequent vehicle travel.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.