|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
As a Self-Service Analytics (SSA) Senior Platform Engineer, you will be working on a small team responsible for full stack administration, operation, support and growth of Cargill's SSA analytic platforms including Tableau, Microsoft Power BI, and Alteryx. These systems enable thousands of users around the globe and this role will help ensuring those systems are resilient, performant, and reliable.
Key to the success of this position will be a courageous and innovative approach to problem solving, deep engineering curiosity and excellent communication skills. Individuals who possess a self-motivated working style with attention to detail will thrive in this environment and culture.
Platform Engineering: 50%
• Design, build and enhancement of features and capabilities across the various SSA Platform technologies
• Design and build future state SSA capabilities in line with the needs of Cargill
• Leverage modern engineering practices and principles to architect and build platform capabilities, such as cloud deployments, automation, and monitoring
• Assist in driving a software delivery model that supports the current multi-location, multi-continent, multi-cultural operating framework of Cargill.
• Document features and capabilities ins upport of a usable, consumable, customer centric platform
• Build prototypes to prove out concepts
• Participate in scrum/agile practices: backlog grooming, sprint planning, sprints, scrums, team retros and demos
Platform Operations: 20%
• Collaborate with other members of SSA Platform team to maintain awareness on the health of overall SSA
Platform capabilities and components
• Operationally support the platforms including break/fix and service requests; 24x7 on-call support when needed; Tier 2+ community support
Relationships / Community: 20%
• Partner with the Software Asset Management (SAM) team and IT Asset Management (ITAM) Lead to maintain and support asset (licensing) management and software distribution.
• Maintain SSA's collaborative working relationships with the broader IT engineering community including the network, proxy, IHS (infrastructure hosting services), security (TGRC) and cloud teams.
• Coordinate multi-disciplinary teams as required to troubleshoot and resolve issues outside the scope of SSA's expertise.
• Work closely with Cargill's internal communities to gather feedback and drive reliable platform services and features
• Provide key insights about the platforms including performance and adoption to community stakeholders
Mentoring / Coaching: 10%
• Provide analytics tools and platforms subject matter expertise to the SSA community (and team) including topics such as performance best practices, sharing and security
• Demonstrate your work to the broader Cargill community through public demos and in small group or individual coaching sessions
• 5+ Experience with engineering globally distributed business applications with demonstrated ability to optimize for resiliency and latency.
• 2+ years of experience with deployment and administration of analytics platform components such as Tableau Server; Tableau Mobile; Power BI Cloud Service; Power BI Premium; Power BI Gateway; Power BI Embedded; Power BI Mobile; Alteryx Server; Alteryx Connect.
• Applied experience with infrastructure automation, infrastructure as code, automated application deployment, monitoring/telemetry, log aggregation, reporting/dashboarding
To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION