|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
Position Purpose & Summary
This position provides leadership and support for all aspects of Plant Operations at the Chicago, IL facility. Key responsibilities include meeting production and quality goals, adherence to EHS compliance, engagement, and maintenance coordination. In addition, this individual is responsible for training and developing new and existing department employees, managing cost in their areas of control, reporting on maintenance deficiencies, coordinating maintenance & reliability activities with maintenance personnel, and identify/implement process improvements while working closely with the Chicago team. This position manages, coaches and directs the team to meet customer volume and quality requirements and works closely with them to troubleshoot and resolve operational issues.
Describe in detail 4-5 major position responsibilities/duties, not tasks, listing the most important first.
No duty should have a percentage less than 5% and all duties should add to 100%
50% Day-to-day management of department employees and the activities of department employees to meet product and quality requirements of customers. This includes process supervision, troubleshooting, resolving process issues, maintenance coordination, scheduling, production planning and employee coaching/training/development.
25% Manage and promote occupational safety, process safety, and quality processes while managing costs. Coordination of cross-function and cross-departmental work efforts. Ensure compliance with all company, state and federal environmental regulations including coordinating site EHS activities.
15% Develop and implement process improvements and customer solutions both at departmental level and support benchmarking of best practices across global CIS organization.
5% Maintain and /or improve physical condition and appearance of the facility, which reflects the standards of quality and service of our business and the character of our people.
5% Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, Skills
In bulleted statements, indicate the education, experience and skills for this position. Education includes formal education, certifications, accreditations, etc. Skills include applied knowledge and technical skills directly related to this position. Also include other specific requirements such as environmental conditions, physical effort, shift requirements, travel requirements, aetc. Indicate only the actual MINIMUM REQUIRED qualifications. Other items should be listed in the "preferred qualifications" section.
• 2 year technical degree/certification or Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Chemistry/Equivalent or 5 years operational supervisory experience in a manufacturing based environment.
• Three (3) years of operational experience in a manufacturing based environment.
• Past work experience with EPA, OSHA and other EHS regulations and practices.
• Troubleshooting, decision making and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated strong leadership skills.
• Demonstrated skills of team building, conflict resolution, innovation and change management
• Demonstrated technical ability with solid troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
• Strong communication, organization and time management skills.
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Customer solutions approach.
• Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering.
• Five (5) years of operational experience chemical or specialty chemical manufacturing.
• Previous supervisory experience.
• Process Safety Management (PSM) experience.
• Oleochemical and/or specialty chemical operations management or engineering experience.
• Demonstrated project controls skills, including scope and budget managements as well as schedule development and execution.
• Demonstrated understanding of several of the key chemical processing unit operations such as evaporators, reactor design, heat exchange, distillation, etc.
• Understanding of basic reliability concepts.
• Prior experience with continuous improvement activities and methodologies (i.e. Six Sigma, Root Cause Analysis, etc...)