|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
At Cargill's Agricultural Supply Chain - CASC South America we connect producers and users of grains, oilseeds, cotton, sugar and other agricultural commodities through origination, processing, marketing, risk management and distribution services. Our business includes Cargill's farm services, which provide basic and customized farm services and products to producers.
We operate on an integrated global basis to source, process, and transport and distribute grains and oilseeds around the world. The main bulk products we handle are wheat, corn, oilseeds, barley and sorghum, as well as vegetable oils and meals. We have developed significant expertise in handling identity preserved and differentiated products that sustain their distinctiveness in overseas markets.
Because we charter more than 150 million metric tons of dry bulk tonnage, we have the logistical flexibility and opportunity to leverage efficiencies in the supply chain. We also work closely with Cargill's finance and risk management businesses to offer a range of financial and hedging products to the products and services offered.
For the Commercial Trainee position, we offer a unique and exceptional learning curve opportunity within the Agricultural Supply Chain enterprise. We are looking to hire a Commercial Trainee to build foundational trading knowledge within the Cargill Agricultural Supply Chain enterprise. This is a unique opportunity to obtain such a broad and deep professional training in a dynamic and fast changing businesses where employees are encouraged to make decisions, collaborate across trading commodity desks, build hands-on experience, and pursue international careers.
Cargill's trading business is highly diversified, which means access and exposure to an array of markets, commodities and regions. We seek and encourage diversity of thought, courage and conviction.
The career paths in Trading involves:
• Traders who operate by taking positions in physical commodities, paper, or financial markets. They use sophisticated tools to maximize profit margins and interact with brokers, customers and futures exchanges. Our traders have high risk tolerance and consistently demonstrate high integrity and strong execution skills.
• Merchants who buy and sell cash and physical products by forecasting the fluctuation of prices and variables like weather, transportation and market psychology. They develop and manage relationships with suppliers, buyers and other customers. They are strong negotiators, relationship builders, and are insightful about local and regional market dynamics.
• Risk management professionals who monitor the market, measuring the risk exposure of existing positions and help identify market risk for the company and its customers. They work closely with traders and can anticipate risk by applying detailed and focused analysis.
• Analytics professionals who consider a broad range of inputs that optimize trading decisions and help provide insights to the traders. They are domain experts with a unique ability to understand, assimilate, and communicate complex and ambiguous information.
20% Assist Trader in research, analysis and gathering of information via communication with main origination offices in order to determine best alternative for the region.
20% Work along trader to develop and maintain relationships with clients that allow the desired degree of loyalty while offering the proposition value of the company in accordance with the segmentation of the client portfolio.
10% Assist Traders in analysis of information on the variables that affect the components of the price of commodities.
10% Feed the information systems through the entry of the terms of the sales contracts.
10% Assist in the buy process of physical product and freight from origination offices. Report discoveries best alternative, trade, negotiate and execute sales in coordination with other functions.
10% Input product line position and exposure daily management (physical and freight) according to Traders instructions. Discover, create and present value propositions to selected customers.
10% Work in conjunction with the traders/merchants in determine fob/freight backstop for other merchants at destination including quality specifications and market analysis. Research, analyze and communicate fob/freight information.
10% Analyze and consolidate/report regional supply and demand to other Cargill offices within the enterprise.
Required qualifications -
• Bachelor's degree in marketing, finance, economics or other relevant accredited program
• Relevant work experience (including internships)
• Business fluency in English and Spanish.
• Computer literate
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Ability to deal with ambiguity, effective decision making and problem solving skills
• Appetite for risk, comfortable taking and managing risks
• Challenging, inquisitive
• Strong oral and written communication, persuasion and negotiation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills, team player
• Business partnering and customer orientation
• Highly motivated, self-starter and drive to succeed
• Displays leadership potential and essential qualities of integrity, conviction and courage
• Ability and passion to work in a diverse, multicultural and fast pace environment To apply please click on APPLY TO THIS POSITION