|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
The primary responsibility of the Food Safety Quality and Regulatory (FSQR) Chemist is to ensure products meet or exceed customer requirements for quality and food safety. Assurance of product quality requires the chemist to monitor quality assurance systems including instrumentation calibration, maintenance, cross-checks, methods, procedures, raw materials, food safety, and training. Additionally, our FSQR Chemists are expected to understand our plant processes and provide technical advice to support our production operations. Data analysis, trend recognition and effective communication are required competencies. The success of the FSQR Chemist candidate is measured in impact to customer satisfaction, minimization of process variation, process recoveries, waste reduction, cost minimization, and ability to develop skill and knowledge needed for a FSQR Chemist II position.
The FSQR Chemist will work in both the Dalhart and Bovina plants, and will have to travel to both plants accordingly. The week will be split between the plants: 3 days in Dalhart, 2 days in Bovina and vice versa.
50% Daily assessment of process quality parameters and quality management systems including cross-checks, raw materials, calibration, maintenance, procedures, food safety, training, auditing and oversight of analytical testing performed in control rooms.
20% Data analysis, trend identification, troubleshooting, corrective action, and communication with regard to processing data, final product, and wastewater.
10% Training of new FSQR chemists, analysts, operators, technicians and personnel from other functional areas.
10% Final product approval. Assurance of compliance to customer specifications.
10% Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned (ie. process improvement projects, development and modification of FSQR procedures and documents, recruiting and interviewing of new employees and assisting other locations with process startups and projects.)
• Bachelor's degree in the sciences with the exception of the Social Sciences
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Abilities / Success factors
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to adapt and learn in a changing work environment.
• Proven ability to anticipate, recognize, and solve process and laboratory problems, implement improvements based on the findings.
• Ability to balance and achieve positive results in the areas of food safety, safety, quality, productivity, and cost.