|Want notifications for new jobs like this? Provide your information below to setup an alert.|
|Your alert was created successfully|
Trade and Capital Markets (TCM) compliments the efforts of Cargill commodity business units by providing financial solutions to Cargill's business partners (suppliers and buyers). TCM's experience and expertise in global financial markets aid in mitigating documentary, cross-border and credit risks associated with structured trade finance. TCM plays a key role in funding the global operations of Cargill through cross-border funding structures and management of transferability and convertibility risks. TCM also leverages Cargill's international trade flows to create trade structures that provide funding to emerging market-based financial institutions and corporations. In additional to structured trade finance, internal funding, and international trade flows, TCM also maintains a Financial Trading Group (FTG) which focuses primarily on emerging markets fixed income and OTC derivatives trading.
The candidate will be responsible for the administration of all aspects of the Financial Trading group activities in a timely and accurate manner. Ensure compliance to TCM guidelines and procedures. Responsibilities also include developing a thorough knowledge of fixed income and OTC derivatives transactions and related documentation, understanding tax and regulatory implications, trade confirmation and settlement, funding, implementing new trading structures and initiatives, and working with other local and regional offices to ensure that appropriate Cargill controls are included in the confirmation and settlement process.
70% Trade confirmation and settlement
- Execution of all FTG trades in adherence to the TCM Standard Operating Procedures/Guidelines. Ensure work processes and procedures are in compliance with Cargill and TCM policies.
- Manage all aspects of trade confirmation, trade life-cycle events, settlement, and collateral management. Review trade documentation and ensure global regulatory requirements are adhered to.
- Communicate with global counterparties to ensure trade breaks are resolved timely and accurately.
- Second review and verification of trades (system input, documentation, approvals) & cash payments (amounts, value dates, bank details)
- Liaise with other functional groups including traders, trade execution teams, accounting and treasury to resolve execution issues and provide assistance where necessary.
20% Develop a thorough understanding of relevant FTG activities through PAF reviews including the key risks and controls associated with each structure, and relevant tax, legal, and regulatory implications. Ensure complete understanding of transaction specifics, including data integrity, documentation, and settlement processes as well as the attributes of the relevant market and geography. Assist other team members in obtaining a deeper understanding of structures and processes through informal, on-the-job training opportunities.
10% Facilitate innovation and work process improvements through idea generation and applying of business knowledge. Champion and/or participate in global projects where appropriate.
"Relocation assistance will not be provided for this position."
"This position is posted internally as well as externally."
Minimum Required Qualifications
• University degree or relevant equivalent MOCC (Massive On-line Courses Certification)
• 2 + years of working experience
• Ability to work flexible hours to support global operations
• Familiarity with Microsoft office applications
• Understanding of financial trading business
• Ability to adapt positively to an ever-changing environment
• Demonstrated knowledge of internal control structure & compliance
• Strong people/teamwork skills, yet able to work independently
• Proven ability to take initiative to independently analyze and solve complex problems
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Integrity, strong attention to detail, and thoroughness and accuracy in work
• Good organizational skills with ability to perform well under pressure and manage multiple priorities
• Exposure to fixed income and OTC derivatives
• Exposure to ISDA, CSA, and GMRA documentation
• Experience using financial markets trading and settlement systems such as FxALL, Bloomberg, Markitwire, and DTCC
• Experience implementing new systems, processes, procedures, and controls