Bioenterprise is hiring a Relationship Manager for Northern Ontario - East. This bilingual position plays an important role in our efforts to help advance agri-tech and food-tech innovation in Northern Ontario and will also contribute across Canada. The full job posting follows:
Relationship Manager – Northern Ontario - East
Bioenterprise is Canada’s Food and Agri-Tech Engine, bringing 15+ years of industry experience to help businesses connect, innovate and grow! Bioenterprise uses its sector-savvy Service Partner network to offer Intellectual Property, Regulatory, Legal, Talent, Sales, Marketing and other expert services and mentorship. Our executive team boasts more than 30 combined years of funding experience, offering feedback and coaching on acquiring public and private funding or investment from a wide variety of sources, and direct connection into those streams of funding. The Bioenterprise Engine is a national and global network encompassing research institutions, academia, industry mentors, various levels of government, and the businesses that make Canadian agri-tech and food such a strong industry. Our partnerships with other industries, such as IBM Canada and Farm Credit Corporation, open doors into innovative new technologies and platforms to help our businesses thrive. Let the Engine drive your own success and scale up with Bioenterprise
The Relationship Manager is the primary point of contact between Bioenterprise and our key stakeholders, including SMEs and start-ups, research institutes, corporations, investors, government agencies and other experts and organizations that play a role in advancing innovative agri-tech and food-tech technologies. This is a critical role in identifying and evaluating high potential opportunities and connecting regional and national people and resources to accelerate the commercialization process for this sector. This position reports to the Regional Manager, Northern Ontario, and requires a skilled and engaged individual that is highly motivated to identify, align, and optimize existing assets and generate strategic partnerships and investment to ensure commercial success. The position is to be located in the region covering North Bay or Sudbury.
• Identify and evaluate high-potential agri- and food-tech opportunities in Northern Ontario.
• Assist in the evaluation and due diligence of opportunities for Bioenterprise and Canada’s Food and Agri-Tech Engine programs and initiatives.
• Assist clients in the development of appropriate commercialization pathways.
• Identify and recruit relevant entrepreneurs and researchers, expertise, infrastructure, and other key resources within Northern Ontario to augment Canada’s Food and Agri-Tech Engine.
• Manage relationships with key clients, stakeholders and Canada’s Food and Agri-Tech Engine members.
• Promote Bioenterprise and Canada’s Food and Agri-Tech Engine to key clients, stakeholders and potential partners within Northern Ontario.
• Travel as required throughout Northern Ontario, Canada and internationally.
Experience and Skills Required:
• Bilingual (French and English)
• Established track record of leading successful commercialization efforts in the public or private sector.
• Experience with and/or knowledge of the investment and due diligence process.
• Experience in scientific, technology, and/or product assessment.
• Entrepreneurial mindset.
• Business development experience.
• Intellectual property management experience.
• Superior networking and relationship-building skills.
• Strong team player with excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work independently with strong time-management and organizational practices.
• Proven focus on measurement and results.
• International experience is desirable.
• Regulatory and/or marketing experience is desirable.
• Access to a reliable vehicle and minimum G License
• A degree in a pertinent scientific discipline, Master of Business Administration preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may also be considered.
• Minimum 3-5 years of experience.
• Fluency in English and French, both written and spoken.
• Salary will range from $50,000 - $75,000 depending on experience.
Interested individuals are invited to submit a resume and cover letter by clicking on APPLY TO THIS POSITION at the top or bottom of this Job Posting.
We thank all interested parties; however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.