At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Testing Research Associate
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Testing Research Associate, are to:
- Be responsible for planning and executing experimental protocols and performance trials in protected culture and/or open field environments;
- Develop, execute and improve continuously a strategic testing plan in alignment with business objectives and to deliver results;
- Operate research equipment, data collection, data management with internal IT systems and complying with seed stewardship standards;
- Be able to collaborate in a fast-paced team environment;
- Execute protocols and trialing plans to generate quality data enabling breeding partners to advance new products based on performance of products and market needs;
- Capture data in Windows and iOS operating systems (desktop computing, iPhones, iPads) and conduct data quality checks to enable timely advancement of vegetable products;
- Leverage metrics and quality control processes to realize accuracy, efficiency and expanded improvements to protocols;
- Adopt innovations in digital phenotyping and provide feedback to automation engineering on new tools and systems;
- Explore innovative technologies/ideas to expand capacity, increase process efficiency and deploy novel technologies in data collection and crop management systems;
- Manage relationships with grower cooperators to ensure timely task completion and data integrity;
- Perform tasks to ensure compliance with Bayer policies and quality standard, including safeguarding of equipment daily use logs, calibration and maintenance;
- Help develop and maintain a culture of continuous improvement through workstream evaluation, idea sharing, innovation and technology adoption;
- Collaborate closely with scientists and key partners to ensure appropriate data package delivery and that the data is stored in appropriate company-approved databases;
- Be able to work extended hours during peak seasons (including nontraditional day-time hours with the potential of overnight travel);
- Position entails driving a company vehicle (pooled or assigned to the individual). This may include being required to drive greater than 5,000 business miles annually in a personal, pooled, or rented vehicle OR being expected to frequently drive a pooled car as part of your job duties – regardless of mileage.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least five years of experience or Master’s degree with at least two years of experience;
- Knowledge and experience with agricultural equipment and/or vegetable crops production practices and history of leveraging that knowledge in a research environment;
- Demonstrated abilities to develop project plans, analyze and interpret data;
- Ability to perform successfully in a fast-paced, dynamic, team-based environment;
- Manages multiple projects and priorities;
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to effectively achieve business results;
- Capacity to communicate and work effectively with all management levels in a multi-cultural organization;
- Be able to work extended hours during peak operational seasons;
- Up to 50% local travel and up to 25% overnight travel during peak seasons;
- Valid Driver’s License; Driving record (MVR) will be reviewed and must meet guidelines based on the company’s Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers.
- Preferred area of studies to include: Horticulture, Agronomy or related field;
- Experience in a greenhouse environment;
- DOT medical card or the ability to obtain one through successfully completing and passing a DOT physical. In addition, candidate must be able to meet all applicable DOT/FMCSA criteria. Drivers with previous DOT driving experience may be required to undergo FMCSA safety checks and applicable review.
Domestic relocation may be offered for this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Payette || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||515025 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||email@example.com |