At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Technical Agronomist III (DEKALB/Asgrow/Deltapine) - Southwest GA
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Technical Agronomist III (DEKALB/Asgrow/Deltapine) - Southwest GA, are to:
- Plan and execute field scale testing programs, include field testing of commercial Bayer seed products and Ground Breaker trials for new product launches from all platforms;
- Collaborate with Seed Dealers/growers to plant trials, collect required data, maintain and harvest trials;
- Provide technical support and training for seed dealers and Bayer sales team;
- Work with Bayer sales team to achieve local business objectives through technical support, consultation and training;
- Provide Seed dealer support provided strategically based on business priorities;
- Establish and execute effective communication and training strategies with Seed Dealers;
- Provide technical information for seed, trait and chemistry product;
- Communicate agronomic positioning and benefits of seed and trait products and the benefits and uses of crop protection products;
- Develop and instill confidence in product recommendations and tailored solutions;
- Create annual Agronomy Business Plan for communication/alignment with Sales Team with strategies and prioritized activities to achieve business objectives;
- Generate area impact on business results for the Sales Team;
- Plan and executes tactics to support identified business strategies and objectives;
- Actively participate in local portfolio management and future year forecasting;
- Assume Sales Team and/or Agronomy Team project leadership role(s);
- Build profile as technical expert in territory;
- Build presence and credibility with key growers, seed dealers, crop consultants and other key 3rd party stakeholders;
- Demonstrate breadth of perspective and business acumen;
- Compliance with Bayer safety and vehicle safety policies;
- Enablement of sales team and customer success;
- Recommend and initiates new projects;
- Deliver high quality work, exercise good judgement and make independent decisions without immediate supervision;
- Provides some constructive, solution-based input and contributes ideas to achieve organization goals;
- Accountable for the Sales team financial targets;
- Conduct Agronomy Business Plan to achieve business objectives;
- Help to achieve Selling General and Administrative (SG&A) spending targets;
- Manage Local product portfolio management and production forecast leadership;
- Position entails driving a company vehicle (pooled or assigned to the individual). This may include being required to?drive greater than 7,500 business miles annually in a personal, pooled, or rented vehicle?OR?being expected to?frequently drive a pooled car as part of your job duties – regardless of mileage;??
Position requires driving for the company that will fall under DOT/FMCSA jurisdiction and may require a CDL.?This may entail the hauling of trailers, product, supplies, or equipment in a safe manner.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our life values, more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science with at least Seven years in agronomy, sales, field development or Research and Development (R&D) related roles, or Master of Science with at least four years of experience or Ph.D. with at least three years of experience (degree must be completed by start date);
Ability to lift up to 60 lbs (a bag of seed);
Valid driver’s license. Driving record (MVR) will be reviewed (i.e. moving violations, accidents, license suspension, etc.) and must meet guidelines based on the company’s Risk?Screening for Hiring Drivers;
Possess a DOT Driver medical card or the ability to obtain one through successfully completing and passing a DOT physical. In?addition, candidate must be able to meet all applicable DOT/FMCSA criteria. Drivers with previous DOT driving?experience may be required to undergo FMCSA safety checks and applicable review.
Domestic relocation assistance may be offered with this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Residence Based || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||649669 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||email@example.com |