At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Sr. Process Engineer
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Process Engineer, are to:
- Assist plant management and operations personnel daily in evaluating and achieving plant performance goals related to safety, quality, waste minimization, capacity, reliability, and operability;
- Investigate plant performance issues related to safety, quality, environmental impact, capacity, reliability, and operability leading to proposal and implementation of sound technical solutions;
- Provide leadership to multi-disciplinary optimization and reliability teams;
- Assist with development of continuous improvement goals, resource prioritization, and communication of financial or other performance metrics;
- Propose, design, and execute plant trials directed at enhancing plant performance;
- Serve as process expert and plant representative for design, construction and implementation of investment projects, interfacing with technical professionals from other disciplines (e.g. PCT, project engineering, environmental and utility services operations, and process development);
- Serve as a process expert for HAZOP and other Process Hazard Analyses techniques;
- Support timely resolution of identified process safety risks;
- Create, maintain, and develop standards for plant operating documentation (e.g. standard operating procedures, process descriptions, material and energy balances, P&IDs, and operating data collection and retrieval);
- Serve as manufacturing representative on Technical Core Team for assigned processes; holds responsibilities associated with maintaining the Process Management File;
- Approve process changes and deviations from established operating limits;
- Support adherence to procedures, guidelines, design standards, and technologies across the Site as a subject matter expert;
- Leads or represent Site on corporate teams;
- Provide training and mentoring to develop other engineers;
- Complete routine production engineer responsibilities as needed to cover absences.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Science-based degree;
- At least seven years of experience in Process Technology in a manufacturing environment;
- Broad technical background;
- Excellent knowledge of chemical processes in order to effectively analyze, recommend and make decisions;
- Knowledge in Bayer guidelines Core Competencies;
- Correctly analyze problems;
- Think independently and develop imaginative and unique solutions to problems;
- Deal effectively with changing situations and maintain composure in pressure or conflict situations;
- Understand the requirements of the job and apply knowledge;
- Evaluate and select alternatives based on realistic limits and different perspectives, understand the full implication of actions before proceeding;
- Consistently motivate self, take calculated risks, make timely decisions, improve results, persist despite opposition and obstacles;
- Express ideas and information, orally and/or in writing, in a clear, concise, and understandable manner, use active listening skills;
- Be able to guide and train teams in local and global projects.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanical, Electrical).
**Domestic Relocation Might Be Available**
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Muscatine || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||490164 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||email@example.com |