At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Sr Proc Ctrl Eng
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Processing Control Engineer are to:
- Work on complex engineering problems that have a moderate to a high value to the site and business;
- Work across plants within the site to develop solutions for the site;
- Research and implement best practices and introduce new technology solutions to improve efficiency and performance at the plant and site level;
- Serve as site expert on ISA (Instrumentation Society of America), IEC (International Electromechanical Commission), and Bayer process control and cybersecurity standards and train others on their application;
- Act as a subject matter expert of site configuration practices and provide technical support including;
- Deployment of new technologies;
- Specification reviews;
- Third-party integrator audits;
- Lead investigations on process safety or production-related control system failures;
- Drive the development and utilization of process control, Safety Instrumented Systems, and cybersecurity strategies per IEC & ISA guidelines and Bayer standards;
- Provide technical expertise in developing and maintaining process control and operating procedures, specifications, and auditing procedures to optimize overall effectiveness as it relates to industry recommended practices and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) (Process Safety Metrics) PSM Guidelines;
- Provide technical mentoring to Process Control Technicians and Engineers, and Unit Production and Electrical Engineers on key process control policies, practices, and procedures;
- Evaluate, approve and execute or reassigns Process Control Change Requests;
- Provide technical support for new project installation or modifications to existing systems as needed;
- Provide operational support for the Emerson DeltaV, PRoVOX I/O (Input/Output), and PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) systems in the plant as needed, including on-call support for coverage on nights and weekends;
- Act as Champion of standardized alarm management techniques throughout the plant and site effective and use of Alarm Metrics and the Bayer Alarm Philosophy;
- Assist in managing the long term reliability efforts for the plant process control systems, including reliability tracking through AMS (Asset Management System), Meridium as well as control system hardware and I/O reliability;
- Participate in technical exchanges (internal or external).
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field;
- Technical expertise in-process controls, IEC & ISA guidelines, and Bayer Interlock Guidelines;
- Experience maintaining control systems;
- At least eight years of relevant engineering experience;
- At least two years of process control experience;
- Experience with Emerson DeltaV and AMS or similar technologies;
- Critical Competencies and Skills;
- Strong communications skills, both oral and written;
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills;
- Able to perform work in a manufacturing plant environment, including ascending/descending stairs and ladders;
- Computer expertise in Windows-based software;
- Lead multi-functional teams;
- Strong safety ethic and mindset.
- Knowledge of SAP, Siemens Simatic IT, Virtualization, Aspen Tech IP21;
- Knowledge of industrial networking.
* This offer might offer Domestic/International Relocation*
*This role might offer sponsorship*
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Luling || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||621721 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |