At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Senior Project Engineer
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Project Engineer, are to:
- Provide engineering project management to capital projects, from project initiation through completion; participate as engineering lead on Global Engineering projects;
- Be responsible for more complex projects and increased project load;
- Develop accurate project cost estimates, identify cost-savings, and provide updates to management;
- Lead project reviews and assure thorough action item follow-up;
- Develop clear and concise appropriation requests, communicating and presenting background and justification;
- Select appropriate vendors, soliciting bids with Purchasing;
- Guide Construction Field Coordinators with project implementation requirements;
- Visit job sites to review work activities, safety, and construction;
- Document project files and closure information in a timely manner;
- Ensure systems and equipment are designed and installed in accordance with Bayer and regulatory standards with life cycle cost considered;
- Provide leadership and engineering assistance to site personnel to facilitate application of plant and corporate standards, safety procedures, and other regulatory requirements;
- Mentor and educate leadership, technicians, planners, and other engineers.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Provides both daily tactical direction plus long term strategic direction, applies technical expert skills, & resolves challenges throughout the project execution process;
- Ensures the safe, efficient, productive, and cost-efficient project design and implementation of capital projects throughout the facility;
- Provides informal leadership to internal team and is accountable for planning, coordination, and execution of technical activities, in addition to identifying continuous improvement opportunities in capital execution throughout manufacturing operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline;
- Bachelor of Science and at least seven years or Master of Science and at least four years engineering experience preferably in a plant operation function.
- Broad technical background, strong knowledge of the chemical processes in order to effectively analyze, recommend and makes complex decisions;
- Ability to lead and manage a team as well as work independently;
- Ability to manage and successfully execute capital projects including development and presentation of project scope, cost estimating, budgeting and scheduling;
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communicate skills in both technical and non-technical areas.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Kansas City || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||614341 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||email@example.com |