At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Senior Financial Specialist
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Senior Financial Specialist, are to:
- Assist in the development of annual operating budget for the Kansas City site;
- Develop annual product cost rollups for product cost standards, accountable for accuracy, timeliness, and error resolution;
- Analyze cost center spending and value flow (assessments) for consistency with the operational plan;
- Conduct analysis and explain changes in individual product standards;
- Develop periodic cost estimates;
- Be accountable for developing product cost standards in accordance with Bayer Group Directive for Product Costing and Inventory Valuation;
- Develop monthly and quarterly forecasts for Kansas City site;
- Work with Functional Leaders to develop timely monthly and quarterly forecasts;
- Identify and communicate unplanned events that impact forecasted results;
- Be accountable for timeliness of forecast development;
- Be accountable for accuracy of the forecast against actual results;
- Analyze and communicate actual performance against budget and forecast;
- Analyze and settle production process orders;
- Develop spending and variance analysis and provide feedback to functional leaders for month end actual results;
- Develop analysis and provide written feedback to site controller for variation against budget and against forecast;
- Make certain written controls have been developed and approved ensuring compliance with Bayer Crop Science and Accounting standards.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant degree with at least seven years of Accounting, finance or relevant experience;
- Demonstrated alignment with Bayer’s LIFE Values (Leadership, Integrity, Flexibility, and Efficiency);
- Excellent ability to interact and communicate effectively at all levels and with individuals from various parts of the organization;
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and interpret data in different forms for various purposes;
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity and usage of sound judgment in making decisions;
- Motivated, self-starting individual;
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and Analysis for Office.
- M.B.A or CPA with at least five years of relevant experience;
- Product cost experience;
- SAP experience.
This position will reside at the Bayer Crop Science Kansas City, Missouri location, and eligible for relocation benefits.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Kansas City || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||570841 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |