At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Seed Technician, are to:
- Operate equipment in the production sites and leveraging real time data to maximize existing procedures;
- Perform preventive maintenance and inspections by troubleshooting problems associated with equipment, processes and systems as needed;
- Support areas across the plant in driving the adoption of continuous improvement practices and programs (5S, Lean, Six Sigma) conducive to an organized and clean work environment;
- Utilize Focused Improvement (e.g., 5WHYs) techniques to initiate process and standard work improvements;
- Provide coaching and training to seasonal workforce, area trainees and peers supporting achievement and personal development;
- Ensure upstream activities (e.g., field inspection, grower contract) are handled within company standards and business requirements;
- Cultivate partnership with key business partners to plant / field operations (e.g., grower network);
- Use SAP to support administrative procedures, documenting key readings, maintenance orders and production information;
- Maintain key process documentation (operating, start-up and shut-down procedures, standard work, process flow and instrumentation diagrams, etc.);
- Demonstrate knowledge of and adherence to Bayer’s Health, Safety, Environment (HSE) and Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) standards (e.g. general shop floor/machine safety and operating procedures);
- Comply with internal procedures and support compliance with legal requirements applicable to area activities;
- Participate and prepare to lead Daily Direction Setting (DDS) meetings as needed by articulating shift objectives and allocating resources accordingly across all active production areas;
- Support and maintain metrics and relevant information on current Visual Management boards to drive teamwork and facilitate shift change over.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- High School Diploma or GED;
- Basic knowledge of Information Technology (Internet, Excel, PowerPoint, Word or facilities with systems);
- Valid Drivers’ License, in order to be eligible to drive a company car, your driving record must meet guidelines based on the company’s Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers, MVR will be reviewed as part of pre-employment screening;
- Ability to lift a minimum of 60 lbs. (a bag of seed);
- Ability to work days, nights, rotating shifts, weekends and overtime as business needs require.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Redwood Falls || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||496907 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |