At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Quantitative Genetics Scientist II
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Quantitative Genetics Scientist, are to:
- Execute the quantitative genetics technical strategy to design improved cohorts of germplasm that are aligned with Product Concept targets from initial crossing through the handoff to Product Development;
- Support quantitative genetics projects on implementation of Precision Breeding technical innovations in Product Design;
- Contribute strong technical expertise in quantitative genetics research projects for breeding program design and optimization, breeding goal definition, optimization of automated crossing processes, genetic evaluation, and optimization of data acquisition for Product Design;
- Identify key areas of opportunity for new technology implementation and/or process improvement, while positively contributing to a collaborative, innovative, and design-centric culture;
- Support the Health Safety and Environment (HSE), Compliance, Business Conduct and Human Rights policies and culture in the site.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Master of Science with at least five years of experience in developing quantitative genetics methods for routine use in breeding programs OR Ph.D. in Quantitative Genetics, Plant Breeding, Animal Breeding, or other relevant scientific field with minimum of three years of relevant experience;
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively in cross-functional and cross-cultural teams to achieve common goals;
- Demonstrated experience leading and influencing activities of cross-functional teams without direct reporting relationships;
- Ability to lead and influence key stakeholders through challenges and opportunities and facilitate solutions;
- Results orientation with demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects/priorities simultaneously;
- Demonstrated coding experience in C, Fortran, Python or similar software and languages;
- Experience in coding, delivering and utilizing models, algorithms and systems for at least one are such as breeding program design and optimization, breeding goal definition, optimization of automated crossing processes, genetic evaluation, and optimization of data acquisition at scale in plant or animal breeding programs.
- Demonstrated ability to perform data analysis with large biological datasets.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Chesterfield || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||408625 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||email@example.com |