At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Prototype Engineer, are to:
- Collaborate and partner cross-functionally with statisticians, data scientists, business users and other engineers to develop elegant software solutions;
- Work very closely with partners to understand their needs, help improve data fluency across business expert;
- Create software applications which may include, proof of concept or experimental implementation, deployment and support of production software;
- Have experience with big data technologies and the proven ability to fashion robust scalable solutions that can manage large data sets;
- Comply with project plans and industry standards;
- Produce and review software documentation including requirements, user documentation, release note, unit testing and other project documentation;
- Stay ahead of technologies and trends which includes professional organization membership, attending conferences, coursework, certification or similar activities;
- Develop functional and appealing web- and mobile-based applications based on usability;
- Present compelling, validated stories to all levels of organization, including peers, senior management, and internal customers to drive both strategic and operational changes in business.
Domestic relocation as well as visa sponsorship is available.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science degree in data science, statistics, computer science, information technology, Information Systems, Management or related field with five years of relevant work experience or Master of Science with two years of relevant work experience or Ph.D.;
- Solid knowledge and experience in programming applications;
- Relational database design and access;
- Familiarity with cloud computing and AWS;
- Passion for writing well-structured, well-tested, maintainable, performant, and well-documented code;
- Knowledge and interest in computer systems and the latest technologies;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Residence Based|Chesterfield || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||564941 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||email@example.com |