At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Project Planner, are to:
- Have ownership of all Site Engineering and Construction planning and schedule attainment activities;
- Partner with Project Managers, Construction Coordinators and Engineers to develop, monitor and update integrated project plans and schedules so that projects can be executed in the most efficient manner possible, this includes the identification of critical paths, predecessor relationships and the correct resource loading;
- Manage schedule updates though meetings, construction coordination interviews and field verification;
- Coordinate with Site Leadership to assure construction activities align with plant outages in order to minimize production losses;
- Manage and plan activities to be completed in outage windows;
- Integrate key resources including major equipment by partnering with Area Planners to cost effectively utilize resources;
- Develop and drive sitewide Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for scheduling as it pertains to Engineering and Construction activities;
- Leverage technical acumen to utilize the KPIs to drive operational and scheduling excellence.
- Develop and train site standards for scheduling activities within the Engineering and Construction Teams;
- Support site cost controlling activities though the effective use of resource loading;
- Utilize estimation experiences to assure contractor inputs align with the industry’s best cost-effective loading practices;
- Manage project backlogs ensuring proper completion of resource utilization by leveraging proper documentation, knowledge and expertise of process equipment and all supporting work groups;
- Drive credibility of the information contained in the schedule though the complete schedule ownership of all site construction activities;
- Provide regular progress updates, highlighting variances from the baseline;
- Recommend corrective actions that mitigate potential delays or progress slippage.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university;
- At least four years of Project Management with MS Project Scheduling expertise in a chemical plant, refinery or other industry / service with similar project management relevance;
- Proficiency with MS Project and MS Office products;
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team;
- Knowledge and application of company business standards and good practices;
- Extreme attention to detail;
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding of the function of all engineering disciplines;
- Detailed understanding and ability to schedule capital projects of $100,000 to $15 million;
- Effective communication and organizational skills;
- Strong commitment to safety;
- Results Driven / Self Motivated;
- Perpetual drive towards learning, developing, growing and improving;
- Strong ethics;
- Ability to set priorities;
- Excellent presentation and organizational skills;
- Knowledge of other disciplines deliverable development to ensure coordination of efforts;
- Knowledge and understanding of schedule constraints and information requirements to produce all project controls deliverables.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Luling || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||602645 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |