At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Product Manager Turf & Ornamental
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This position is located in Cary, North Carolina.
The primary responsibilities of this role, Product Manager Turf and Ornamental, are to:
- Define, develop and implement the marketing plan providing a three year strategic direction for the assigned market segments in order to set marketing and business development strategies to address the short, mid and long term;
- Define, develop and implement marketing promotion programs (e.g. branding, PR and communication initiatives) as part of the overall marketing plan for the assigned segments in close collaboration with Marketing Communication;
- Define, develop and implement market and End User Research for assigned market segments in close coordination with Marketing Planning and Projects as part of the overall marketing plan;
- Lead cross-functional teams comprised of marketing, product development, and regulatory along with the expanded team of supply chain, formulation development, packaging technology, customer service, and legal to set clear objectives for development, regulatory and manufacturing activities in order to deliver on projects and portfolio initiatives;
- Manage the portfolio in the assigned segments by means of Portfolio Analysis and work out recommendations on Life Cycle Management, Portfolio Consolidation / Rationalization / Optimization in order to enhance overall profitability and growth opportunities;
- Work closely with Commercial Operations, Regional Sales and National Account Teams to establish and maintain consistency between Portfolio and Brand Strategies, Marketing Plans and Commercial and Channel Strategies and support the sales activities;
- Coordinate all contracts and agreements with internal and external vendors (e.g. for lead actives) for assigned market segments in close cooperation with Strategic Procurement and Business Development;
- Manage expenses and budgets assigned to the position and support the annual budgeting / STRACO processes as well as other global or local projects.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 10 years of relevant industry and/ or marketing experience, Master’s degree with at least eight years of relevant industry and/ or marketing experience OR Ph.D. degree with at least six years of relevant industry and/ or marketing experience;
- Strategic, analytical and problem solving skills that lead to innovative and timely decisions;
- Interpersonal and leadership skills to ensure positive relationships with key internal / external stakeholders;
- Strong financial skills paired with sound commercial understanding;
- Excellent oral, written and network communication skills to effectively inform and influence sales and product management teams.
Domestic relocation may be offered for this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Cary || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||465161 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||email@example.com |