At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Process Engineer, are to:
- Assist area management and operations personnel daily in evaluating and achieving area performance goals related to safety, quality, waste minimization, capacity, reliability, and operability, subject to supervisory review;
- Coordinate with corporate and site production planners on production timing and raw material availability;
- Conduct development and tracking of key performance indicators;
- Participate with investigations of area performance issues related to safety, quality, environmental impact, capacity, reliability, and operability leading to proposal and implementation of sound technical solutions;
- Gain experience as Area representative for design, construction, and implementation of investment projects – interfacing with technical professionals from other disciplines (e.g., PCT, project engineering, environmental and utility services operations, and process development);
- Maintain and develop standards for area operating documentation (e.g., standard operating procedures, process descriptions, material and energy balances, P&IDs, and operating data collection and retrieval);
- Collaborate on design and executes plant trials directed at enhancing area performance;
- Compile, format, and submit environmental data necessary for timely and accurate filing with local, state, and federal agencies;
- Engage in continued development of self and area personnel with peer coaching and constructive feedback;
- Support Site and Area Production System improvements, OnePSS.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or related science including Fall of 2022 Graduates;
- Working knowledge of Engineering tools and software and ability to read and understand process flow diagrams, line drawings P&ID and schematics;
- Express ideas and information, orally and/or in writing, in a clear, concise and understandable manner;
- Ability to work well in a team environment and inclusive culture;
- Correctly analyze problems and think independently;
- Evaluate and select alternatives based on realistic limits and different perspectives, understand the full implication of actions before proceeding;
- Consistently motivate self, take calculated risks, make timely decisions, improve results;
- Effectively manage changing situations and maintain composure in pressure or conflict situations.
- Bachelor of Science in a chemical related field.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Muscatine || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||594562 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||email@example.com |