At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Process Engineer, are to:
- Make tactical decisions and set direction to achieve area performance goals related to safety, quality, waste minimization, capacity, reliability, and operability;
- Coordinate with corporate and site production planners on production timing and raw material availability;
- Develop and track key performance indicators;
- Investigate plant performance issues related to safety, quality, environmental impact, capacity, reliability, and operability leading to proposal and implementation of sound technical solutions;
- Serve as process expert and plant representative for design, construction and implementation of investment projects, interfacing with technical professionals from other disciplines (e.g., PCT, project engineering, environmental and utility services operations, and process development);
- Create, maintain, and develop standards for plant operating
- documentation (e.g., standard operating procedures, process descriptions, material and energy balances, P&IDs, and operating data collection and retrieval);
- Propose designs and execute plant trials directed at enhancing plant performance;
- Compile, format and submit environmental data necessary for timely and accurate filing with local, state, and federal agencies;
- Promote continued development of self and area personnel through peer coaching and providing constructive feedback;
- Support Site and Area Production System improvements, OnePSS.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor's degree with at least four years of related Engineering experience or Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering or related discipline or Master's degree with related Engineering experience;
- Analyze problems, think independently and develop imaginative and unique solutions to problems, deal effectively with changing situations and maintain composure in pressure or conflict situations, understand the requirement of the job and apply knowledge;
- Evaluate and select alternatives based on realistic limits and different perspectives, understand the full implication of actions before proceeding, consistently motivate self, take calculated risks, make timely decisions, improve results, persist despite opposition and obstacles, express ideas and information, orally and/or in writing, in a clear, concise and understandable manner, use active listening skills;
- Be able to guide and train teams in local and global projects.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Muscatine || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||560125 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |