At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
Pilot Plant Sr Process Eng
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Pilot Plant Senior Process Engineer, are to:
- Stay trained and knowledgeable on all processing equipment in the pilot plant;
- Be responsible for compliance with all policies of the plant in terms of safety, waste disposal and permits (USDA, EPA, DOL, OSHA, etc.);
- Support compliance with Global Stewardship and Corporate Quality Management Procedures. Document all changes within the safety and quality program using the appropriate MOC process;
- Provide guidance to entry level engineers in developing the test protocols;
- Facilitate communication and receive feedback from Stakeholders to ensure broad alignment of objectives;
- Analyze and interpret results of experimental work using advance statistical tools such as Minitab and Spot Fire;
- Prepare detailed reports for archiving and records. Compile results into summary format to present conclusions and recommendations to NA Manufacturing;
- Manage digital transformation and the process for automated collection of data for process analysis and troubleshooting;
- Be a seed treatment expert in all aspects of the seed treatment process, chemistry as well as application;
- Independently troubleshoot and provide possible resolution to issues related to seed treatment products, processes, and equipment to enable successful implementation in full-scale production through robust pilot plant scaleup experimentation;
- Be responsible for identifying Continuous Improvement opportunities and innovative solutions to seed treatment problems;
- Be responsible for recording notes and data from test runs in appropriate database;
- Compile and maintain observations, data, and quantitative testing results in data base as a resource for seed treatment applications by detailed documentation (Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams, OneNote, Spotfire, and Electronic Notebook);
- Share knowledge of treatment operations across plants to support introduction of new treatments/processes/equipment;
- Identify and help implement operational improvements and best practices and participate in related networks for cross sharing;
- Represent Statistical Analysis System (SAS) in global technical exchanges related to seed treatment;
- Drive cooperation with other functions and network with other teams to develop and test possible solutions for NA and other global regions;
- Be able to run all lab testing equipment following Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) to generate quality data used for decision making;
- Develop and help lead project design package development including drawings, vendor data and specifications to provide project estimates;
- Own all NA row crops master treatment application recipes and manage any change request through the seed treatment application recipe change checklist.
Domestic relocation is availble.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Engineering (Chemical, Mechanic or electric;
- At least four years of engineering experience or equivalent;
- At least two of years of experience with large scale process equipment;
- Experience with seed manufacturing processes;
- Mechanical abilities (able to design and troubleshoot equipment);
- Strong organization skills and ability to work on multiple projects at the same time;
- Aptitude for testing new ideas and explore new opportunities;
- Deliver and lead efficient engineering designs;
- Experience with Windows Operating Systems. Skilled in the use of Excel, Word and PowerPoint;
- Knowledge of statistical analysis;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and presentation skills;
- Ability to influence groups of stakeholders to move projects to next step;
- Ability to work independently with limited guidance as well as lead cross functional teams;
- Willing to travel up to 25% of time to other plant locations to support NA seed treatment chemical launches and troubleshoot process problems.
- Experience with seed treatment.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Grinnell || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||595401 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||email@example.com |