At Bayer we're visionaries, driven to solve the world's toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none' is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We're doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining 'impossible'. There are so many reasons to join us. If you're hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there's only one choice.
Operations Manager Pollinations
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Operations Manager Pollinations, are to:
- Lead and supervise nursery operations such as planting, sampling, selections, transplanting pollinations and harvest;
- Coordinate in executing nursery activities from planting to harvest, communication with internal and external customers to meet quantity, quality and timely delivery of seed products;
- Forecast labor and resources to ensure on time seed production and Delivery;
- Evaluate operations, identify opportunities for improvement and implement needed changes;
- Identify people development needs, create individual development plans in accordance to reports;
- Train employees and monitor to ensure operational safety, stewardship and QMS procedures;
- Ensure compliance with all internal and applicable state, federal and local regulations;
- Conduct Data analysis and report operational progress;
- Collaborate with Community Outreach and Planet Impact initiatives;
- Manage a small team of direct reports and leads managers of small teams;
- Mentor, coach and maintain a healthy working environment;
- Position entails driving a company vehicle (pooled or assigned to the individual). This may include being required to drive greater than 5,000 business miles annually in a personal, pooled, or rented vehicle OR being expected to frequently drive a pooled car as part of your job duties – regardless of mileage.
WHO YOU ARE
your success will be driven by your demonstration of our life values. more specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 4 years of experience on agricultural related areas;
- Prior experience with people management/development and coaching through direct reports or project-based experience; To drive influence and contribute to employee development;
- Valid driver s license; Driving record (MVR) will be reviewed and must meet guidelines based on the company’s Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers;
- Comfortable working indoors and outdoors in a non-climate-controlled environment;
- Experience with both standard MS Office computer and/or software systems used in scientific data analysis, with ability to quickly learn new software programs and tools;
- Fluent in Spanish and English language, written and conversational;
- Proven communication and influencing skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Biotechnology or related fields;
Relocation may be provided with this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer expects its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Bayer active employees are also expected to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status to Occupational Medicine. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, Bayer employees are also required to comply with state, local and customer requirements. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Juana Diaz || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||630296 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||email@example.com |