At Bayer we’re visionaries, driven to solve the world’s toughest challenges and striving for a world where ,Health for all, Hunger for none’ is no longer a dream, but a real possibility. We’re doing it with energy, curiosity and sheer dedication, always learning from unique perspectives of those around us, expanding our thinking, growing our capabilities and redefining ‘impossible’. There are so many reasons to join us. If you’re hungry to build a varied and meaningful career in a community of brilliant and diverse minds to make a real difference, there’s only one choice.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary responsibilities of this role, Operations Manager, are to:
- Embrace and demonstrate a safety-first culture at all times;
- Perform daily operations as directed by site leadership;
- Be accountable for safe and timely delivery of quality supply based on production schedules while maintaining an efficient operation;
- Perform duties in a manner that support overall site Key Metrics to include Safety Quality, TIP (total individual volume performance), TOP (total overall volume performance) and cost efficiency;
- Embrace an environment that promotes the building of good working relationships within the site;
- Report to the Operations Lead and assists the with all facets of field and plant operations;
- Have leadership responsibility for the site technicians and is a member of a team that strives for safety product quality and process optimization and is expected to get results through influencing others, personal proficiency and modeling company values;
- Participate as a member of the Site Leadership Team and will maintain a strong relationship with the team and other site and site support personnel to support operations at the site and resolve operational challenges;
- Be able to adapt quickly to changes in our business, courageously face new challenges and opportunities and leverage the talents, skills and resources of team members and peers.
- Position entails driving a company vehicle (pooled or assigned to the individual). This may include being required to drive greater than 5,000 business miles annually in a personal, pooled, or rented vehicle OR being expected to frequently drive a pooled car as part of your job duties – regardless of mileage;
- Position requires driving for the company that will (may) fall under DOT/FMCSA jurisdiction. This may entail the hauling of trailers, product, supplies or equipment in a safe manner.
- Oversee field nursery activities supporting the production of varietal and hybrid wheat seed;
- Maintain a robust inventory system for screening and pre-commercial stages of wheat seed;
- Arrange to lease adequate amount of acreage and production areas in Yuma, AZ and Filer, ID;
- Coordinate with breeding and processing groups to set nursery targets and deliverables;
- Provide support for day-to-day activities such as seed sourcing, operation of threshing systems, seed counters, and seed packaging;
- Organize and steward the shipment of requested seed for discovery and breeding operations;
- Assist in computer-related activities, particularly bar code-based process management systems;
- Responsible for equipment upkeep, maintenance, and operation.
WHO YOU ARE
Your success will be driven by your demonstration of our LIFE values. More specifically related to this position, Bayer seeks an incumbent who possesses the following:
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least five years’ work-related experience in agriculture, supply chain, or manufacturing;
- Valid driver s license. Driving record (MVR) will be reviewed and must meet guidelines based on the company’s Risk Screening for Hiring Drivers;
- DOT medical card or the ability to obtain one through successfully completing and passing a DOT physical. In addition, candidate must be able to meet all applicable DOT/FMCSA criteria. Drivers with previous DOT driving experience may be required to undergo FMCSA safety checks and applicable review;
- Federal regulations from the Department of Transportation cover this position and mandate the passing of certain pre-employment requirements, such as a background check, drug test and physical;
- Ability to lift up to 60lbs;
- Knowledge and experience with agricultural equipment and/or crop production practices and history of leveraging that knowledge in a research environment;
- Ability to critically think about the business;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Have availability to meet overtime demands, including occasional work on weekends and holidays.
- Degree in Agriculture, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Business, Engineering.
Domestic relocation assistance may be provided for this role.
Bayer offers a wide variety of competitive compensation and benefits programs. If you meet the requirements of this unique opportunity, and want to impact our mission Science for a better life, we encourage you to apply now. Be part of something bigger. Be you. Be Bayer.
To all recruitment agencies: Bayer does not accept unsolicited third party resumes.
Bayer is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Bayer is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodations in its application process for individuals with disabilities and encourages applicants with disabilities to request any needed accommodation(s) using the contact information below.
| || |
| || |
|IMPORTANT NOTE for POTENTIAL US CANDIDATES: Bayer active employees are required to disclose their vaccination status and if fully vaccinated, provide proof of vaccination status before participating in approved activities for fully vaccinated employees. Bayer defines fully vaccinated in alignment with CDC which is two weeks after completing the two-dose vaccine regimen or two weeks after completing the one-dose regimen. Additionally, if candidates are invited on site as visitors for in person interviews, they must provide proof of being vaccinated and comply with all safety protocols. || |
| || |
| || |
|Location: ||Filer || |
|Division: ||Crop Science || |
|Reference Code: ||446347 || || |
|Contact Us |
| || |
|Email: ||firstname.lastname@example.org |